Brit tourists in burkinis made to do humiliating walk of shame out of Algarve pool as swimwear deemed 'not acceptable'
Two British holidaymakers have spoken of their 'humiliation' and 'disgust' after being told their swimwear was 'not acceptable for the pool'.
Maryya Dean and her sister-in-law Hina claim they were told they could not wear their burkinis in the swimming pool while on holiday in Albufeira, Portugal.
They say they were told they 'must wear a bikini to follow Portuguese culture', during the incident on July 21 that left them horrified.
The family members were also outraged after a maintenance worker at the pool allegedly made Maryya's nine-year-old daughter stand up to provide an example of... read more
- 13:20 Dixons: Big changes planned as profits down 60% for smartphone giant
- 13:20 US hotel group chooses Birmingham to launch first European venue
- 13:20 BREXIT BOMBSHELL: Luxembourg warns EU WON'T renegotiate if UK...
- 13:19 Will you join our campaign to help the homeless in Harrogate this...
- 13:18 YP Letters: A worrying climate of science under attack
- 13:18 YP Letters: May’s deal with EU is the death of democracy in Britain
- 13:18 Nate Diaz vs Woodley: Tyron reveals real reason why fight fell through
- 13:18 Cristiano Ronaldo furious with three Real Madrid team-mates
- 13:16 Firefighters rescue horse from SWIMMING POOL
- 13:16 More people claiming unemployment benefits in Hull compared to 2016
- 13:16 Boy, 15, arrested on suspicion of stealing Royal Mail post bags
- 13:13 Will you join our campaign to help the homeless in Harrogate this...
- 13:13 Dementia SCANDAL: Hundreds of patients will be STRANDED in hospital...
- 13:12 M62 'carriageway defect' near Wakefield causes lane closure
- 13:12 Police arrest Hull boy, 15, after sacks of post stolen from Royal...
- 13:12 Drama student cleared of rape after night out during Fresher’s week
- 13:12 Romelu Lukaku hits back at critics after scoring Manchester United...
- 13:12 Wrexham AFC set for financial boost as former striker Moult signs...
- 13:12 Will you join our campaign to help the homeless in Harrogate this...
- 13:11 Why Huddersfield's live escape room is going Underground
- 13:10 Ex-West Brom youth trains with Wolves to boost Lambs hopes
- 13:10 Anthony Joshua surprises children in Christmas visit to NSPCC centre
- 13:10 Popular chip shop forced to close after food poisoning allegations
- 13:09 Four Seasons Health Care gains breathing space
- 13:09 REVIEW: Aladdin Preston Charter Theatre
- 13:08 Almost 300 missed appointments at Millom surgery
- 13:08 Millom museum to close for month-long refurbishment
- 13:08 Barrow man admits lying to police after hit-and-run
- 13:08 Christmas benefits 2017 to be paid EARLY - these are the dates you...
- 13:07 Sir Cliff Richard warned financial affairs may be revealed during...