Bristol lung-cancer setback puts rival Merck drug in driver seat
New data is likely to prompt doctors to abandon Bristol-Myers Squibb's (BMY.N) immunotherapy Opdivo in favor of Merck & Co's (MRK.N) rival Keytruda in a large segment of the lucrative lung cancer market, analysts said on Monday. The results of a closely watched clinical trial sent Bristol's shares plunging 10 percent. The data, presented at a medical meeting on Sunday, showed that lung cancer patients fared worse on Opdivo than those on chemotherapy. Merck shares rose nearly 2 percent on strong benefits shown by Keytruda in a similar late-stage lung cancer study.
Both trials tested the... read more
- 08:18 Olivia and Oliver top charts of most popular baby names in 2016
- 08:17 7 of the cheapest properties on sale in the Scunthorpe area
- 08:17 Hear Frank Turner's new single at Scunthorpe show
- 08:17 Do you know these 21 hidden dangers in your home that are potential...
- 08:17 Plough uncovers major hoard of Roman coins
- 08:17 Red letter day for the hospice thanks to paint firm
- 08:17 Criminals jailed in November 2016 - sentences total more than 14 years
- 08:17 Community groups energised by share of £50k from plant fund
- 08:14 Floods kill at least 13 people in central Vietnam
- 08:13 Ryanair adds Naples to East Midlands Airport summer flying schedule
- 08:11 HEALTH: What hope do we have?
- 08:10 Report reveals where in the UK over 50s struggle most to get a GP...
- 07:59 DECEMBER DECIDER: Choose your favourite Hull KR left-centre
- 07:59 Can Hull City end 30 years of hurt at Middlesbrough?
- 07:59 Banned driver Robert Wilson used false number plates to drive...
- 07:58 Antonio Conte opens up on Chelsea’s title chances following Man...
- 07:50 Man United star eyed by Real Madrid: Jose Mourinho considering swap...
- 07:43 Chelsea and Crystal Palace could do transfer business in January
- 07:43 Man United key man in contract stand-off: Red Devils star demanding...
- 07:43 'He turned blue and stopped breathing': 2lb baby Josh ready to...
- 07:35 UFC News: McGregor on being stripped of belt, Jones talks failed...
- 07:35 Alan Shearer: Arsenal are a much better team because of this player
- 07:34 Report reveals where in the UK over 50s struggle most to get a GP...
- 07:29 Serious crash occurs in Chesterfield
- 07:28 Big Interview: Ex-PNE midfielder Simon Davey
- 07:22 Alan Shearer: This Chelsea star is back to his best under Antonio...
- 07:22 Arsenal readying shock January bid for Chelsea star: He could...
- 07:20 Obama bars China's Fujian from buying Aixtron's U.S. business
- 07:20 Missing out on West Ham trip in FA Cup trip was biggest regret of...
- 07:20 Pioneer of twinning association dies