Bring back the tax disc! Three quarters of drivers want the paper disc back in their windscreens
Motorists are still pining over the loss of paper car tax discs in their windscreens despite them being scrapped two years ago this weekend.
Three quarters of those surveyed by a comparison website want the DVLA to bring back the discs as they are getting caught out by forgetting their tax renewal dates.
Paper tax discs were scrapped on 1 October 2014 and the confusion resulted in both motorists' complaints over fines dished out and a revenue dip at the DVLA.
Drivers mourned the loss of being able to buy second-hand cars with some tax left and complained about fines for cars they had just... read more
- 16:05 This is how much money West Brom spent on injured players
- 16:05 Co-op homes plan at next stage
- 16:05 New chapter for Keyworth Library
- 16:05 Inside historic Notts firm that makes 'world's best' cricket bats...
- 16:05 Aqua Park Rutland is opening tomorrow and tickets are still available
- 16:04 Wasps v Exeter: Pupils give players big send-off ahead of...
- 16:04 Celebs to cook up a storm at Preston city centre event
- 16:04 Family return to their chippy - 25 years on
- 16:04 Drunk airline passenger jailed for causing mayhem on flight after...
- 16:04 City-centre business on the up with investment worth £1.3m
- 16:04 ‘And I will walk 5,000 miles in dad’s memory ‘
- 16:04 General Election 2017: Who will win in Coventry?
- 16:04 Friends of park throw a carnival
- 16:04 ‘There was dust and screams’- man relives bombing attack
- 16:04 POLL: How will you vote in the 2017 general election?
- 16:03 Plan for new Carlisle city centre multi-storey car park unveiled
- 16:03 Flash sale for Preston Race for Life sign-up
- 16:03 Learning the ropes at yacht club
- 16:02 A see-through hospital and three other things we learned from...
- 16:02 Manchester terror attack: Heartbroken partner of Sheffield woman...
- 16:02 ELECTION 2017:Fact Check - if 30% more people under 25 vote, could...
- 16:02 Liverpool’s Darren Till looking to make a big comeback at...
- 16:01 Snooker room plan is rejected
- 16:01 School is moving in right direction says inspector
- 16:01 Friends of park throw a carnival
- 16:01 ‘There was dust and screams’- man relives bombing attack
- 16:00 Bomb squad called to Burnley street
- 15:59 Protect your family from danger
- 15:59 Oversold - Oil traders punish OPEC for promising too much
- 15:57 Snooker room plan is rejected