Brighton manager Chris Hughton accepts Jurgen Klopp's apology over German's full-time handshake delay
Brighton manager Chris Hughton has accepted an apology from Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp after initially not shaking hands following the Reds' 5-1 Premier League victory at the Amex Stadium.
It was the first time the Seagulls had been on the end of a heavy defeat following what has generally been a determined return to top-flight action after an absence of some 34 years.
With emotions running high on both sides, Klopp appeared to briefly snub the Brighton manager as he was approached for a handshake following the final whistle, which led to a heated response from Hughton.
RELATED ARTICLES... read more
- 10:22 Strictly Come Dancing 2017: Viewers SLAM Louise Redknapp over epic...
- 10:22 Taxi marshals return to Bridlington
- 10:21 School kids injured in 'serious' three-vehicle crash as two taken...
- 10:21 Businessman offers £100k reward for information on missing RAF man...
- 10:21 New Grantham maternity hub provides parents with all services...
- 10:20 Can't stop taking pictures of yourself? Then you might have 'selfitis'
- 10:20 Arsonists strike three times across South Yorkshire
- 10:20 Bradford police seeking man after woman seriously injured in crash
- 10:19 Bradford police seeking man after woman seriously injured in crash
- 10:19 Changes to bin collections over Christmas
- 10:19 Chesterfield chippy launches Christmas dinner menu - including deep...
- 10:19 When Victoria Street was focal point of city's shopping experience
- 10:18 Sky and BT strike deal which Leicester City fans will celebrate
- 10:18 M62 lane closure near Brighouse after vehicle overturns
- 10:17 Can't stop taking pictures of yourself? Then you might have 'selfitis'
- 10:17 Wladimir Klitschko: Anthony Joshua can unify the heavyweight division
- 10:17 HOLBEACH PARISH COUNCIL: New grants policy is adopted
- 10:17 Aljaz Bedene informs the ITF he is turning his back on Britain to...
- 10:16 Shkodran Mustafi back in training but Aaron Ramsey could be out...
- 10:16 Police boss says Force will put communities ahead of cost with £30m...
- 10:16 How we must all meet the challenge of tackling loneliness
- 10:15 Cumbria County council issue plea to find selfless carers for new...
- 10:14 Australia captain Steven Smith closes in on century as England post...
- 10:14 Celtic must get rid of European 'nerves' if they have any chance of...
- 10:14 Firm’s technical five star Blackpool hotel challenge
- 10:14 East Kilbride Road Club celebrate their best-ever season
- 10:14 Mansfield and district crime report
- 10:13 Playground and basketball court to be created on village green
- 10:12 Premier League preview: Can Man City be stopped?
- 10:12 RUMOUR MILL: Manchester United linked with Chelsea’s Willian ahead...