Brighouse man denies causing death of cyclist
A 57-year-old man has denied causing the death of a Huddersfield cyclist by careless driving.
Philip Roper, of Elland Road, Brookfoot, Brighouse, made his first appearance before a judge at Bradford Crown Court today (Tuesday) and formally entered his not guilty to the charge which relates to a fatal collision earlier this year.
William Stoker, 55, had been riding along the A6025 Elland Road on the early afternoon of January 14 when he was involved in a collision with a Citroen C5 vehicle.
Mr Stoker, from Huddersfield, died at the scene and the collision led to the road being closed for... read more
- 10:19 Blood bike bought with cash donated by Russell Roof Tiles has name...
- 10:19 General Election 2017: Jeremy Corbyn on Manchester terror attack -...
- 10:18 Why Greek mountain villagers have healthy hearts
- 10:18 Katie Hopkins to leave LBC 'immediately'
- 10:17 Long lost card arrives in post after 62 years!
- 10:17 UK faces highest ever taxes during peacetime under Labour, economy...
- 10:17 Jihadis from Indonesia and Malaysia wreak havoc in Philippines as...
- 10:17 EU to punish Britain with bill for English teachers to school...
- 10:16 Time to back our global brand: Made in Sheffield
- 10:16 Police found address being used for indecent images belonged to...
- 10:16 In the wake of Manchester bombing this Leicester pub has made its...
- 10:16 EastEnders and TOWIE stars among celebs playing charity match at...
- 10:15 Gossip: Blues name Barkley price?
- 10:15 Former PNE striker could be up for sale
- 10:15 Guests ‘put at risk’ in hotel’s electricity con
- 10:15 Firm’s local jobs pledge as contractor revealed
- 10:15 Alexis Sanchez: Major update on Arsenal star’s contract situation
- 10:15 Fighting Talk: English fighters steal the show at NXT Takeover Chicago
- 10:14 Monaco star Bernardo Silva arrives in Manchester amid Man City and...
- 10:14 Inspectors praise St Mary’s First School
- 10:14 Martin Walsh Architectural lands £2.5million contract with Louvolite
- 10:13 Brave girl is back at school after surgery
- 10:12 The Transport Talk column with Don MacKenzie
- 10:11 Drug dealers in West Yorkshire selling former 'legal highs' one...
- 10:11 Baby dies after being left in car for several hours during heatwave
- 10:10 Drug dealers in West Yorkshire selling former 'legal highs' one...
- 10:10 Tories' lead over Labour down to five points in first poll since...
- 10:10 Here’s why you really shouldn’t leave your dog in a hot car
- 10:10 Winners John and Nancy’s diamond day
- 10:10 Election profile: Alan Clark (Labour)