Bridgnorth ‘toddle waddle’ doubles target charity sum
0 Comments Fleur-Rose Allen was only 15 months old when she died in April, and last weekend friends of her family and supporters took part in the walk to raise money for Meningitis Now.
The walk in her memory took place on Sunday and was started by Deputy Mayor Ron Whittle at St Leonard’s Church, before the walkers made their way to the Castle Grounds.
So far £2,200 has been raised, well in excess of the original £1,000 target. Councillor Whittle said the event had been a resounding success.
He said: “The event was great fun with the little waddlers parading down the High Street in all the... read more
- 10:16 Mum who was more than twice over limit drove child to Warsop...
- 10:15 Commissioner overseeing Northants County Council: “We have a lot of...
- 10:13 James Bond return: Daniel Craig CONFIRMED to reprise 007 role for a...
- 10:13 Emmerdale's Michael Parr denies he's quit the soap over acid attack...
- 10:12 'We can't wait to bring Joseph to Lowther stage'
- 10:11 Photographer transforms older women into stunning pinup models
- 10:11 Emergency services carry out mock rescue in Clitheroe
- 10:11 Figures reveal a high rate of heart failure in Northumberland
- 10:11 Funding aids vital restoration work to Cheviot summit
- 10:11 Car crash victim praises air ambulance
- 10:10 Have your say on tackling rural crime in your area
- 10:10 Huge haul of fake tobacco seized in the county last year
- 10:09 Huge haul of fake tobacco seized in the county last year
- 10:09 Smashed avocado comes exactly as described at Sainsbury’s
- 10:08 Burglars caused £4,000 damage to Penwortham store
- 10:07 Meet the face behind the Northampton sports group who is helping...
- 10:04 Get your tickets for the Team Verrico summer ball
- 10:04 Huge haul of fake tobacco seized in the county last year
- 10:04 LIVE: Lancashire v Warwickshire - Updates from Blackpool Cricket Club
- 10:03 Spa Striders placed well
- 10:01 Wigan dad-of-three's Inquest opens
- 10:00 Premier League transfer news: Anthony Martial, Mauro Icardi, Nabil...
- 09:58 What does ‘repeal the 8th’ mean? The Irish abortion...
- 09:58 Rail staff abused by passengers angry at timetable changes
- 09:58 Britain ‘must invest or become reliant on nuclear weapons’ in time...
- 09:58 Travel advice for Liverpool fans travelling to Kiev for the...
- 09:57 Premier League home records: Which clubs have been hardest to beat...
- 09:56 In the maxed-out NHS, pharmacists are just what the doctor ordered
- 09:56 Youngsters put through their paces to be part of Northamptonshire...
- 09:56 Rushden family hopeful ahead of meeting to discuss crucial funding...