Bridge drainage work to get under way at last
Vital drainage work at a notorious flooding blackspot is due to start this month.
Campaigners are celebrating the news after calling for a solution to problem in Euxton, near Chorley, for years.
Network Rail’s West Coast Main Line bridge on Euxton Lane was badly flooded following a storm last winter.
The road underneath was up to ten feet of water for about 50 yards for weeks and only re-opened in January.
The work is expected to last for at least eight weeks.
Lancashire County Council has now put out an official notification of temporary road closures in the area to allow the work to go... read more
- 15:07 Two new museum heads herald a generational shift in advocates for...
- 15:07 Hull hopes to revive its fortunes as Britain’s latest “City of...
- 15:06 Sturgeon vows to save Scotland from hard Brexit and Tories'...
- 15:06 Blog: Ayr United penalty hero Greg Fleming proves he's spot on
- 15:06 Tuitavake makes first start as Saints make nine changes for...
- 15:06 Yorkshire named as top dogging hotspot in the country
- 15:06 Al-Qaeda claims responsibility for deadly bomb blast which left as...
- 15:06 Council agrees college funding
- 15:06 Germany may deport up to 547 'security risk' asylum seekers
- 15:05 Drug-driver admits running down Leeds academic while fleeing police
- 15:05 Showcasing the strength of healthcare firms
- 15:05 Council votes for flexibility as it cancels 35-year waste deal
- 15:04 Yorkshire named as top dogging hotspot in the country
- 15:04 Council agrees college funding
- 15:04 MPS: Kashmir must be given chance of 'Brexit'-style vote
- 15:04 Mum who was bought an egg for £25 off eBay now has an emu
- 15:04 Table tennis proves a hit at Rossett school
- 15:04 Sudanese government says rebel group to sign Darfur peace pact
- 15:04 Historic club under threat
- 15:03 Mansfield man sent to crown court on cocaine charges
- 15:03 Pensioner remains in 'serious' condition after being hit by car
- 15:03 Floral tributes left in memory of Mark Jack Park after Scotswood...
- 15:02 Mansfield man sent to crown court on cocaine charges
- 15:02 BREAKING: Ongoing power cut plunges Meadowhall shopping centre into...
- 15:02 Drug-driver admits running down Leeds academic while fleeing police
- 15:02 Mansfield man lashed out over “sex” comments in chip shop
- 15:00 Cristiano Ronaldo is watched by his girlfriend Georgina Rodriguez...
- 15:00 Mansfield man sent to crown court on cocaine charges
- 14:59 More than 800 homes in South Derbyshire village to be without water...
- 14:59 Amazing footage as the New Wear Bridge pylon sails into Sunderland