Bribes to quit gold-plated pensions rise by a fifth as desperate firms try to cut the future cost of their schemes
Firms are luring staff out of expensive final salary pensions by offering them up to one-fifth more cash than a year ago.
Savers have been stampeding to cash in their gold-plated pensions under new rules which allow customers to take their retirement pot as a lump sum.
Advice firm Old Mutual says that savers are typically being offered between 10 per cent and 20 per cent more than earlier this year.
The firm said that rock bottom interest rates were partially behind the tempting deals.
This is because as interest rates fall, the amount that pension firms must pay out to savers rises.
In... read more
- 12:17 'What the f*** is he thinking' - The truth behind that Newcastle...
- 12:16 Man dies after being hit by car outside Turf Moor
- 12:16 Ketton chef cooks up a storm on popular TV series
- 12:16 Oakham photographer snaps up award for his work
- 12:16 Why do we have Earth Hour and what time does it start today?
- 12:16 RECENT NOSTALGIA: College’s GCSE open evening
- 12:16 £153,000 boost for clubs and charities thanks to Lincolnshire Co-Op...
- 12:16 Dancers from Skegness school ancers heading for Big Dance Off final
- 12:12 Why there's a statue of a gorilla holding a VW Beetle in Leicester,...
- 12:12 Imprtant police message to Chesterfield parents
- 12:12 Popular restaurant set to relaunch with three-size carvery
- 12:11 Brazen moped gang try to steal BBC Boat Race cameras during rush hour
- 12:11 Great Northern March: Thousands call for end to Brexit in Leeds
- 12:08 Man Utd News: David De Gea's shock rival for best Premier League...
- 12:08 Depraved paedo ring abused young girls in van they called ‘shag wagon’
- 12:07 Man dies after being hit by car outside Turf Moor
- 12:06 Banbury Guardian couple celebrate diamond wedding anniversary
- 12:04 Pyjama party raises money and awareness of autism
- 12:03 Easter holidays 2018: 15 fun things to do with the kids in London...
- 12:02 Pupils say emotional farewell popular dinner lady Cath
- 12:00 Time for the annual show of flowers
- 12:00 Scope volunteer scoops national award
- 11:59 British watchdog assessing evidence from Cambridge Analytica raid
- 11:59 Charity car washes in Derbyshire to help firefighter given just...
- 11:58 Barclays in Bourne to close due to ‘lack of use’
- 11:58 Stamford choristers win prestigious award
- 11:58 Oakham photographer snaps up award for his work
- 11:54 Ofsted rates Harby Pre-School as ‘Good’
- 11:54 Declan Donnelly's joke Holly Willoughby would replace Ant McPartlin...
- 11:50 Leicester music venue Dryden Street Social under threat from £42m...