Brexit will leave UK better off than EU nations, German business boss predicts
Brexit could leave the country better off than its former European Union partners, a leading German businessman has suggested.
Mathias Doepfner, chief executive of publishing giant Axel Springer, said he could see the UK adopting a "more free market-oriented model" which could be a "highly attractive" alternative to the EU economy.
He told the Financial Times that Britain was bound to experience short-term pain as a consequence of its June 23 vote to quit the EU, "but in three to five years from now, my bet would be that England will be better off than continental... read more
- 10:25 Teen taken to hospital after serious assault in Wakefield
- 10:24 Everything you need to know about St George's Day
- 10:24 Why you should check your account if you bank with TSB in Yorkshire
- 10:24 BREAKING: Stereophonics announce open air gig in Yorkshire -...
- 10:23 Do-gooder trying to help security guards near McDonald’s ended-up...
- 10:23 Six-year-old Rishworth dancer to represent England on global stage
- 10:23 WATCH: Canine Massage Guild's healing power for dogs in Chorley
- 10:23 Lancashire court listings - Monday, April 23, 2018
- 10:22 Library of Birmingham is closed for third day - no reopening date
- 10:22 Well known city centre deli-bar in shock closure
- 10:22 Girl, 15, hasn’t been seen for six weeks since she vanished from home
- 10:22 Death of well known Nelson bakery boss
- 10:22 Man dies trying to rescue Mercedes driver who got stuck in sand
- 10:21 New demands to ditch relief road ahead of crunch meeting
- 10:20 Do-gooder trying to help security guards near McDonald’s ended-up...
- 10:20 Treat your precious puppy to a dog-sized sunhat
- 10:20 Avicii death: Oman police confirm no 'criminal suspicion'
- 10:19 Hartlepool man dies after being hit by car near the Tyne Bridge
- 10:18 Children Today hosting multi-activity weekend at the Anderton...
- 10:18 MoneySavingExpert sues Facebook over scam ads ‘which cost...
- 10:18 Derian House 25th anniversary: How it all began
- 10:18 Man cut out student’s heart during ‘kinky sex game’ and then left...
- 10:18 Where are the best historic halls and stately homes in Lancashire?
- 10:18 10 pictures of the Lindo Wing door to get you buzzing for royal...
- 10:18 Do-gooder trying to help security guards near McDonald’s ended-up...
- 10:17 Sick Twitter trolls attack England U21 star Ryan Sessegnon's...
- 10:16 Vicar praying people can dig deep to make dream a reality in Bawtry
- 10:16 It’s 2018 and your boss can still insist that you wear make up...
- 10:15 Paris attacks suspect Salah Abdeslam gets 20-year sentence in Belgium
- 10:15 Death of well known Nelson bakery boss