Brexit: UK first in line for US trade deal, says Boris Johnson
Britain is “first in line” for a trade deal with the US, Boris Johnson has said after talks with Donald Trump’s senior advisers.
The closeness of the relationship between the UK and US will not change once the president-elect takes office, the Foreign Secretary insisted.
Mr Johnson, who once joked that he would not visit parts of New York because of the “real risk of meeting Donald Trump”, lavished praised on the Republican’s “exciting agenda of change”.
Barack Obama warned during the EU referendum campaign that Britain would be at the “back of the queue” for a trading agreement.
But Mr... read more
- 12:57 Fun, games - and butties!
- 12:57 TEN shootings in 23 days as gun thugs cause misery across Merseyside
- 12:57 Johnny Depp on Donald Trump: Crime or free speech?
- 12:57 Dani Alves praises Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola as agents...
- 12:56 Disruption on trains between Matlock and Belper
- 12:56 COMMENT: Our health service is wonderful
- 12:56 Watch: Miracle escape for motorists after car becomes wedged under...
- 12:56 QUICK QUIZ: The week in questions...
- 12:56 Important safety message from Derbyshire police
- 12:56 Wylfa Newydd can 'learn lessons' from report into 'risky and...
- 12:56 Alex Sandro to Chelsea: Juventus ace perfect fit, he's second best...
- 12:54 Man rushed to hospital after Lye town centre machete attack
- 12:54 Couple buy former hotel and pub building and plan to redevelop it
- 12:53 Yuri Drozdov: The man who turned Soviet spies into Americans
- 12:53 Germany quashes gay men's convictions and offers compensation
- 12:53 COMMENT: Our health service is wonderful
- 12:53 Important safety message from Derbyshire police
- 12:53 Young woman from Harrogate in hospital after Land Rover smash near...
- 12:52 Three people were taken to hospital after a crash involving two...
- 12:52 WATCH Amazing drone footage of former American Adventure theme park
- 12:52 RMT announces three-day strike on Northern rail network
- 12:52 Ireland raises three billion euros from 'milestone' AIB sale
- 12:52 UK inflation expectations edge up only slightly in June - Citi/YouGov
- 12:52 Nemanja Matic agrees personal terms with Manchester United ahead of...
- 12:50 "I'm a reformed character": Leeds barber and Love Island contestant...
- 12:50 Teenage girl in critical condition after being hit by car in Leeds...
- 12:50 RMT announces three-day strike on Northern rail network
- 12:50 Monaco star Kylian Mbappe could be on his way to adidas from Nike...
- 12:50 Frank de Boer 'very excited' by prospect of managing Crystal Palace...
- 12:50 COMMENT: Our health service is wonderful