Brexit, stamp duty and the Bank of England fail to deter landlords from investing in buy-to-let
Brexit, extra stamp duty, the prospect of less tax relief and tougher mortgage lending criteria have all failed to deter landlords from investing in buy-to-let.
Industry figures released today show that landlords flooded back to the market in September, looking for and snapping up properties despite the tide of Government measures brought in to subdue buy-to-let.
Figures from Rightmove reveal a 30 per cent bounce in buy-to-let enquiries since May, while separate figures from Connells Survey & Valuation show a particularly strong recovery in September, when the number of buy-to-let... read more
- 12:51 This girl managed to get through an entire Tinder conversation by...
- 12:51 Julian Assange BACKTRACKS on vow to face US justice after Chelsea...
- 12:51 Liverpool will lose this star man in the summer, reveals former...
- 12:51 Ceilidh event at Wragby for hospice funds
- 12:51 Murder investigation launched after baby death
- 12:51 Two Long Eaton restaurants to merge to become 'new and exciting'...
- 12:51 Man charged over knifepoint robbery at Co-op last summer
- 12:51 How did your child’s school fare in GCSE tables?
- 12:50 Proud West Notts College hailed as champion of LGBT diversity
- 12:49 Engineers called out after residents left without gas in Oundle
- 12:49 Which feathered friends are visiting your garden?
- 12:49 Controversial Butterley Spillway scheme up for regional award
- 12:49 Sir Patrick Stewart to voice the poo in the Emoji Movie
- 12:48 Afghan journalists face more threats as violence spreads
- 12:48 French Left seeks candidate to take election poisoned chalice
- 12:47 Gangland figure Ross Monaghan was wearing bulletproof vest when he...
- 12:47 Cricketers are bowled over by success across the board
- 12:46 Carlisle man admits £37,000 benefits fraud
- 12:46 UPDATE: Woman bailed in Leonne Weeks murder enquiry
- 12:46 14 stunning windows that give the best views of Liverpool
- 12:45 Vulcan bomber mothballed and staff laid off as cash crisis bites
- 12:44 Angel sculpture takes shape as 40 police forces donate knife...
- 12:44 Warning over threat to pushchairs from train slipstreams
- 12:44 Letter: Donald Trump could be a success
- 12:44 Former red arrows pilot announced as leader of Northamptonshire...
- 12:44 Three men charged after night time break in at convenience store
- 12:44 Tipping trailer stolen overnight from Northampton
- 12:43 Telegraph Voices: Special debate on Sheffield’s Roma community
- 12:43 We need a plan
- 12:43 The Big Challenge: Looking for a new perspective