Brexit: Italian PM Matteo Renzi warns UK over EU rights
It will be "impossible" for Brexit talks to result in a deal that gives Britons more rights than others outside the EU, Italy's PM has told the BBC.
Matteo Renzi warned that leaving the EU would be a "very difficult process" - but the problems could be solved only after the UK began the exit procedure.
He said the Brexit vote had been "a bad decision" but had to be respected.
Mr Renzi said he was ready to work with UK PM Theresa May to build the "best alliance" between the UK and the EU.
Kamal Ahmed: 'Hard' or 'soft' Brexit is the wrong question What... read more
- 09:13 Magpie Cafe fish recipe: Baked seafood and asparagus
- 09:12 Arsenal v Chelsea: Aaron Ramsey reveals Gunners' plan to keep Eden...
- 09:12 “I decided that MND was not going to dictate me, I was going to...
- 09:12 Purple Cupcakes' sweet taste of success
- 09:11 Bishop of Burnley decries 'attack on childhood'
- 09:11 Police ‘very concerned’ for Louth woman who has been missing for...
- 09:11 Ford gears up for Leeds gig
- 09:11 Scott McMann says staying up would mean everything to Hamilton's...
- 09:11 Airbus Helicopters starts construction of assembly line in China
- 09:11 Boxer Chloe Bodwick does late grandfather proud as she earns...
- 09:11 Two Blantyre tae kwon do students pass their black belt gradings
- 09:11 St Mary's take joint-first at Hamilton Baths Primary School...
- 09:10 Communal changing room proposed for Northampton swimming pool to...
- 09:10 Hebburn family backs hospice work
- 09:10 Son of one of South Shields’ greatest players dies days before...
- 09:10 DNA test led police to South Shields crash driver
- 09:10 Retired South Derbyshire cop has received Queens' Police Medal...
- 09:09 Rival Sunderland AFC and Newcastle United fans to stage match for...
- 09:09 Hundreds to attend Careers Fair in Sunderland
- 09:07 Tory Michael Fallon slates 'Jeremy Corbyn quote' live on air - then...
- 09:07 Man 'shouted racist slurs at young Muslim women' before killing two...
- 09:06 ‘Smart’ motorways show driver ignorance
- 09:06 ELECTION 2017: Lib Dem manifesto – who is it for exactly?
- 09:06 Bomb squad called to Burnley street
- 09:06 French Open preview: Who will shine in Serena Williams and Maria...
- 09:06 Lauder man accused of sexual assault
- 09:06 Remanded in custody
- 09:06 On the right tracks to promote county
- 09:06 Hopes Spilsby market can return to former glory
- 09:06 Peebles man assaulted partner