Brexit fears subside as investors return to the market... but they're snapping up bonds not 'risky' shares
In the space of just a month, investor confidence turned around remarkably in August as the shock of the Britain's vote to leave the EU subsided, figures revealed today.
Record retail investment fund outflows of £1billion in July were reversed by net sales of £1.7billion the following month, more than double the £816million inflows recorded in August last year.
However, investors appear to have drastically lowered their appetite for risk and are buying low-yielding bonds rather than shares.
The vast majority of the inflows were into fixed income funds, with £1.2million flooding into the... read more
- 11:18 Summer camp places up for grabs
- 11:16 Dale Winton ‘died of a broken heart’ after split from toyboy lover
- 11:15 Opposition view: Pilgrims boss Adams has no complaints in defeat...
- 11:14 Hunt launched for British father who ‘abducted his twin daughters...
- 11:13 Wife's horror story of how controlling mum-in-law tells her when to...
- 11:12 IPL betting preview: Mumbai Indians set to brush aside struggling...
- 11:11 Andres Iniesta cries on the bench as Barcelona midfielder struggles...
- 11:11 Chelsea vs Southampton: Conte without three, huge doubt for Blues,...
- 11:10 Cousin reveals ‘evil’ Manchester Arena terrorist used his bank card...
- 11:10 BBC series filmed around Warwick and Stratford set for second season
- 11:10 Stratford-on-Avon jeweller Pragnell wins prestigious Queen’s Award...
- 11:09 Lichfield belly dancing group on the lookout for new members
- 11:07 Woman suffers serious injuries after assault in Market Harborough flat
- 11:07 IPL betting preview: Sunrisers fully expected to bounce back...
- 11:07 Primary school tests boycott draws scattered support
- 11:04 Everton, Celtic and Leicester to battle it out for prolific forward
- 11:04 Wastwater death: Diver dies in England's deepest lake
- 10:59 Boy, 9, who woke up with ‘puffy’ face died four days later
- 10:58 County cricket: Yorkshire v Notts, Somerset v Worcs and more – live!
- 10:55 Police appeal after alleyway 'serious sexual assault' in Bradford
- 10:54 Ant McPartlin's drastically different look as he appears on...
- 10:52 Johanna Konta and Heather Watson suffer Fed Cup heartbreak as Japan...
- 10:52 Tourists evacuated from famous abbey in France after security threat
- 10:51 Police appeal after alleyway 'serious sexual assault' in Bradford
- 10:49 Pothole ridden roads in Nuneaton and Bedworth 'forgotten'
- 10:47 Hollywood star Verne Troyer dies aged 49
- 10:46 Opinion: Country life by the sea ‘the way forward’
- 10:46 New £3.5m 'Chimpanzee Eden' to house the chimps at Twycross Zoo
- 10:46 Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are stepping up their PDA as Kanye...
- 10:43 See Sculpure Park in a new light