BREXIT BOOST: Britain will have fastest growing G7 economy in 2016, says IMF
UK growth will be 0.1 per cent higher than expected this year at 1.8 per cent, the Washington-based fund said today after issuing a stream of fear-monger statement and predictions in the lead-up to the EU referendum.
It means Britain's economy is this year set to grow faster than the US with growth forecast at 1.6 per cent.
However, the fund lowered its forecast for growth next year to 1.1 per cent.
Uncertainty over leaving Europe will dent investment in Britain, said the IMF
The fund also claimed that Britain's vote to leave the European Union was a result of growing discontent with trade... read more
- 10:30 Man sold drugs to pay off his own debt
- 10:30 A petition has been started to throw Scotland out of the UK
- 10:29 Nick Boles MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 10:29 BBC weatherman gets chilly with it for BYHP
- 10:29 MP Nick Boles ‘annoyed’ to be missing Grantham Hospital march on...
- 10:27 What good has come out of Brexit?
- 10:24 All the best dog costumes from this year’s Tompkins Square...
- 10:23 CCTV released after a man threatens Newcastle bookies staff with a...
- 10:23 Mother who gave birth after suffering 16 miscarriages reveals how...
- 10:23 South Yorkshire overnight arson attacks
- 10:23 Adomah v Adama: Did Aston Villa come up trumps?
- 10:23 Raddlebarn Road stabbing: 'What sort of world are our kids growing...
- 10:21 Aqeel Ahmed wins gold in Finland and urges Team GB selectors to...
- 10:21 East Kilbride Rugby Club boss calls for improvement as his side are...
- 10:21 Motherwell boxer Reece McFadden wins gold medal despite opponent...
- 10:21 WWE Universal champion Kevin Owens recalls epic title win ahead of...
- 10:21 UK mortgage approvals pick up from 19-month low - BBA
- 10:21 Pedestrian taken to hospital in air ambulance following collision...
- 10:20 Yobs throw bricks off M58 bridge shattering vehicles
- 10:20 Tory MP Nick Boles reveals new cancer fight
- 10:20 Ellesmere Port tourist attraction unveils rare restored boat
- 10:19 Majority of football fans would support gay players at their club,...
- 10:19 Louis van Gaal is my biggest influence says Thomas Muller, as...
- 10:19 Mel Morris spent his cash on Derby County, so now deserves loyalty
- 10:19 Why our council left a tip in the park
- 10:18 Reward offered for Louth dog missing for two months
- 10:18 Lloyds and Anto hit FTSE after results
- 10:17 Blackpool high in write-offs list
- 10:17 Two families fight to raise £50k to for two life-changing ops
- 10:17 Lloyds' PPI bill hits £17bn: Bank's shares slide as it sets aside...