Brexit 100 days on: How Project Fear warnings on the economy have been WRONG so far
Before the EU referendum in June, the Treasury warned that the “profound economic shock” of Brexit vote would lead to instability and uncertainty.
Treasury analysis noted: “The effect of this profound shock would be to push the UK into recession.”
But almost 100 days on from the Brexit vote, the Britain has not entered a recession or suffered economic disaster.
Iain Begg, professor at the London School of Economics, said some surveys say the economy is looking “rosy” but others say it looks “bad”.
“Nobody really knows if the economy is taking a hit or not,” he told a briefing on the... read more
- 12:08 Thomas says there has not yet been any ‘detailed interest’ in...
- 12:08 RECENT NOSTALGIA: Disney-inspired charity bike run
- 12:08 Unai Emery sees massive potential in Arsenal youngsters Ainsley...
- 12:07 Brave Carlisle police officer rugby tackles man brandishing...
- 12:06 Get in step for 1940s weekend with dance lessons
- 12:06 Police hunt for on-the-run Sunderland rape suspect
- 12:06 The death of Brendan Ingle - farewell to one of the world's most...
- 12:06 Man appears in court accused of murdering Sheffield toddler
- 12:06 RECENT NOSTALGIA: Old Leake pupils organise music competition
- 12:06 RECENT NOSTALGIA: New tyre play areas at Wyberton school
- 12:06 Man guilty of trying to kill WW2 veteran with hammer
- 12:04 Lancashire's longest serving magistrate retires today on his 70th...
- 12:04 Planning on travelling by Metro this weekend? Bank Holiday...
- 12:04 Rare memorial ring for Lord Byron is up for auction
- 12:04 Models back the Respect Program to tackle sexual abuse in fashion
- 12:03 Whiteside in squad for Sofia
- 12:03 What time is the Champions League final and what channel is...
- 12:03 SNP Growth Commission: Scots banks would move HQs to London if...
- 12:02 6 delicious gluten free places to eat in Edinburgh
- 12:01 Quest to find relatives of First World War fallen - as plans for...
- 12:01 Bank Holiday weather: What to expect hour-by-hour in Yorkshire over...
- 11:59 Get in step for 1940s weekend with dance lessons
- 11:59 Rarely-seen garden gems to go on show
- 11:59 Hollie is named Spittal Gala Queen
- 11:59 GDPR blocks some US-based news websites for EU internet users
- 11:59 Bank Holiday weather: What to expect hour-by-hour in Yorkshire over...
- 11:58 Ireland goes to the polls today to amend the eighth in...
- 11:58 Couple didn’t realise they’d won £21,044,592 until shop worker told...
- 11:58 Cat finds out she’s pregnant and it clearly wasn’t planned
- 11:58 Amazon Alexa can now say prayers and channel the voice of God