Breakthrough lung cancer drug made available on NHS
Tagrisso (osimertinib) was granted a licence only in February and has been hailed as a "breakthrough" drug by manufacturer AstraZeneca.
The once-a-day tablet is suitable for patients with non-small-cell lung cancer who have a specific mutation that means they have stopped responding to earlier treatments.
Experts predict around 300 patients in England and Wales will be eligible for Tagrisso every year.
The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (Nice) has issued final draft guidance that says Tagrisso should be made available through the Cancer Drugs Fund (CDF), after a... read more
- 15:12 Slingsby visitors asked for straw poll on top scarecrows
- 15:12 VIDEO: The start of the 2017 Tour de Yorkshire
- 15:12 Two arrested after Crich Post Office robbery
- 15:12 Sheffield hospital trust launches new online disability access guide
- 15:11 Amazon 'style assistant' divides opinion
- 15:11 Cousins who attacked man in Llanrwst caravan appear in court
- 15:10 Neighbours spoiler: Will Piper get sexually assaulted after tense...
- 15:09 QUICK QUIZ: Seven questions about the last seven days...
- 15:09 Tottenham v Arsenal: 11 players could miss north London derby
- 15:09 Four in hospital after van smashed into bus stop in Clydebank
- 15:09 Two arrested after Crich Post Office robbery
- 15:09 Why parents could be entitled to a £2,000 windfall from the Government
- 15:09 Why your Vauxhall Zafira could be a fire risk - and how to check
- 15:09 Customers see their money disappear on Natwest banking app
- 15:09 Why you should never use these names for your children's 'privates'
- 15:09 BREAKING: Midfielder John-Joe O’Toole signs new two-year deal at...
- 15:09 Anthony Joshua and Wladimir Klitschko weigh-in before Wembley fight
- 15:08 High Tides April 29 to May 6
- 15:08 VIDEO: The start of the 2017 Tour de Yorkshire
- 15:08 Service to drive up food standards in East Lindsey
- 15:07 Are Navy SEALs in North Korea? Submarine used by crack soldiers...
- 15:05 Russian prosecutor demands jail time for man who played Pokemon in...
- 15:04 RGC have two more 'cup finals' remaining in remarkable season
- 15:04 Liverpool and Everton urged to reconsider bans on reporters from...
- 15:04 Arrest in Northern Cricket League probe
- 15:04 Big support for school’s pool project
- 15:03 Whisky industry plea for assurances as exports rise
- 15:03 Cannabis farm found in Bootle was worth £400,000 a year
- 15:02 Boulmer car park will be closed temporarily
- 15:02 Sturgeon’s EU plans rejected over risk of UK trade barriers