Breakthrough lung cancer drug made available on NHS
A last-chance drug that can lead to an "unprecedented" reduction in lung cancer tumours is now available on the NHS.
Tagrisso (osimertinib) was granted a licence only in February and has been hailed as a "breakthrough" drug by manufacturer AstraZeneca.
The once-a-day tablet is suitable for patients with non-small-cell lung cancer who have a specific mutation that means they have stopped responding to earlier treatments.
Experts predict around 300 patients in England and Wales will be eligible for Tagrisso every year.
The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence... read more
- 18:04 Phil Mickelson says he's sorry for hitting moving ball during US Open
- 18:04 Luis Suárez sends Uruguay through with victory over Saudi Arabia
- 18:03 Love Island: Rosie's sexy lingerie shoot backfires when a repulsed...
- 18:02 Pet owner slams 'disgusting' amount of rubbish left at top...
- 18:02 Here's the reason why there could be a beer shortage during the...
- 18:01 'Travellers' force cancellation of Milton Keynes school sports day
- 18:01 COURT RESULTS: Worksop and Retford
- 18:01 'I'll get him on the back foot and then put him away': Rising star...
- 17:59 Cristiano Ronaldo reveals why he’s growing a goatee beard during...
- 17:59 Sam’s the man for Stratford AC at Sphinx Summer 5 race
- 17:58 How old should your child be before you let them go out on their own?
- 17:57 Neymar: Brazil handed HUGE World Cup boost ahead of Costa Rica clash
- 17:57 Chelsea transfer news: Daniele Rugani ‘agrees contract in...
- 17:57 COURT RESULTS: Worksop and Retford
- 17:55 Former Chester FC striker James Akintunde joins Maidenhead United
- 17:55 Donald Trump to meet the Queen during UK visit
- 17:53 Sunderland council agrees to give £6.5m to support £8m children’s...
- 17:53 Cash stolen from Tesco Express in Kenilworth
- 17:53 'The party is over' - police place closure notice on Barrow property
- 17:51 Is Steve Trevor's return in Wonder Woman 2 just another absurd...
- 17:48 Profile: Dr Jane Barton, GP and the Gosport hospital scandal
- 17:48 Health chiefs to make case for further changes to hospital services...
- 17:46 Pride clothing made in countries where being gay is illegal
- 17:46 Health chiefs to make case for further changes to hospital services...
- 17:46 WWII bomb taken to York shop sparks alert
- 17:46 Appeal to find 'silly' 1989 Addenbrooke's cancer nurse Debbie
- 17:46 Woodford student admits killing teenage sister in crash
- 17:45 Ancient 'Saxon road' discovered under Victoria Square in Birmingham...
- 17:45 Yobs steal golf buggy, crash it and cause THOUSANDS of pounds worth...
- 17:45 Burger King sorry for Whopper offer to women who get pregnant by...