BREAKING NEWS: TalkTalk fined record £400,000 for security failings which allowed customer data to be accessed ‘with ease’
TalkTalk has been fined a record £400,000 for security failings over a cyber attack which allowed customer data to be accessed 'with ease', a watchdog announced.
The Information Commissioner's Office said the attack last October could have been prevented if TalkTalk had taken basic steps to protect customers' information.
Personal data of 156,959 customers including names, addresses, dates of birth, phone numbers and email addresses was said to have been accessed.
One cyber expert labelled the attack 'the Great Train Robbery of the 21st century'.
Another specialist said he warned the... read more
- 06:02 The most notorious derelict buildings in Leicestershire and what...
- 06:02 Why this Leicester couple will run the London Marathon dressed as a...
- 06:02 Where mobile speed cameras will be patrolling in Leicestershire and...
- 06:02 De Montfort University students escape jail 'by skin of their...
- 06:02 Arsenal targeting Nice boss Lucian Favre as Arsene Wenger successor
- 06:02 10 ways your home could be breaking the law – without you even...
- 06:02 Why booking a flight on a Monday could save you money
- 06:02 Hungry House takeaway service to close down
- 05:52 World Snooker Championship 2018: Mark Selby reacts after crashing...
- 05:50 Brisbane woman dies in police custody hours after being arrested
- 05:45 Drinking in Utah: the rules and how to manage them
- 05:39 Classical music star comes to Renew Church, Uttoxeter, for pants...
- 05:39 Unique ska-punk band Lightyear kick off anniversary reunion tour...
- 05:31 Armenian leaders face crunch talks after protests
- 05:20 'Ethnic purging': French stars and dignitaries condemn antisemitism
- 05:20 'It will not be very pleasant,' Iran warns, if Trump sabotages...
- 05:19 Gurrumul’s album Djarimirri is first Indigenous-language chart-topper
- 05:17 Ranby prisoner kicked female guard “by mistake”
- 05:16 Coronation Street spoilers: Connor McIntyre reveals who is at risk...
- 04:48 Mitt Romney will face primary after setback in run for US Senate
- 04:34 Why Burton is the perfect setting for Hollywood's next big hit
- 04:34 Final touches being put to Burton's new nightclub Allure ahead of...
- 03:49 Kelly O'Dwyer forced to admit banks royal commission was needed
- 03:46 Why a faecal transplant could save your life
- 03:31 The Lido author Libby Page on the power of uplifting fiction
- 03:17 WW1 hero to be honoured 100 years after daring submarine raid
- 03:17 Corbyn speaks to Welsh Labour as Carwyn Jones quits
- 03:11 Bug appetite: German supermarket sells burgers made from worms
- 03:08 Who really blew up the twin towers?
- 02:56 Labour losing ground to Tories in ‘left-behind’ towns as it gains...