BREAKING NEWS: TalkTalk fined record £400,000 for security failings which allowed customer data to be accessed ‘with ease’
TalkTalk has been fined a record £400,000 for security failings over a cyber attack which allowed customer data to be accessed 'with ease', a watchdog announced.
The Information Commissioner's Office said the attack last October could have been prevented if TalkTalk had taken basic steps to protect customers' information.
Personal data of 156,959 customers including names, addresses, dates of birth, phone numbers and email addresses was said to have been accessed.
One cyber expert labelled the attack 'the Great Train Robbery of the 21st century'.
Another specialist said he warned the... read more
- 07:20 Rugby’s charity Christmas card shop to close it doors
- 07:20 Yorkshire’s wetlands are prime spots to witness nature’s aerial...
- 07:20 New hatchlings boost Sedbergh’s efforts to save the swift
- 07:16 Boss Bates aiming for four new Pools signings in next 10 days
- 07:15 Dowson’s delighted to have key role with Boyd’s new-look Saints
- 07:13 Ballinger excited for new challenge with FC Stratford
- 07:13 PICTURE GALLERY: Stratford Snooker League presentation night
- 07:13 Lawyers saddle up for 3,700 mile cycling relay
- 07:13 Public-funded £3m office block could finally be fully occupied...
- 07:13 School slam 'destructive' pool group ahead of crunch meeting
- 07:13 Sailor speaks after Mayday rescue which had seven vessels on standby
- 07:10 Chelsea news: Antonio Conte sacking to be confirmed NEXT WEEK,...
- 07:10 Horninglow couple thank neighbours for replacing tent after it was...
- 07:09 Northampton pub installs double-decker bus-sized TV screen perfect...
- 07:08 The touching story behind Hull's homeless DJ
- 07:07 Donald Glover on the return of Atlanta: ‘I’m not making a TV show,...
- 07:05 What links Zinedine Zidane, Bob Paisley and Carlo Ancelotti? The...
- 07:04 Sturgeon says Brexit negotiations have ‘eroded’ trust in Westminster
- 07:04 Councils raid reserves to pay for frontline daily services
- 07:03 Life in Fridaythorpe, the village on top of the Wolds
- 07:02 FARMING MATTERS: Sheep farmers’ anxiety over dogs
- 07:01 Leeds transfer news: Sky Sports man delivers major update on summer...
- 07:01 Arsenal transfer news: Aleksandr Golovin swoop could be hijacked by...
- 07:00 Airbus warning shows Tories need to wake up to dangers of hard Brexit
- 06:50 Scottish pig sector at risk from shortage of CO2
- 06:50 Arsenal transfer news: The REAL reason for Unai Emery's small...
- 06:50 Liverpool transfer news: HUGE Alisson update from Spain affects...
- 06:48 No inquiry or criminal action to be taken over E.coli death of child
- 06:47 PNE midfielder Paul Gallagher wants to give fans Premier League...
- 06:45 Sheep exporter's licence cancellation a federal decision, says WA...