Brazil leniency deals on hold for corruption probe - minister
Negotiations on leniency deals between the Brazilian government and 12 companies blacklisted in the Petrobras corruption scandal have been put on hold until prosecutors conclude plea bargains with executives, Brazil's anti-corruption minister told Reuters.
Transparency Minister Torquato Jardim said he was keen to get the construction firms back to work on government contracts once they have paid fines, but prosecutors must first conclude Brazil's biggest corruption investigation.
The blacklisted companies employ 90,000 engineers and technical staff, and have contracts with hundreds of... read more
- 08:12 High street in urgent need of help
- 08:12 Pupil numbers crossing border now over 100
- 08:12 Fred drops Manchester United transfer hint on Instagram
- 08:11 Putting on A Brave Face at Dundee Rep
- 08:10 One in five British cars is fitted with 'dangerous' tyres, warns...
- 08:10 Home insurance bills rise THREE times faster than inflation as...
- 08:10 EE will double the cost of some calls from next month - and it...
- 08:09 Lancashire man jailed after drugs squad bust at Kendal Calling
- 08:07 Box, set and match: how on-demand became TV's new battleground
- 08:07 England vs. Pakistan: Lord’s horror show for Joe Root’s side
- 08:05 VIDEO: A masterclass in the art of the summer barbecue
- 08:03 10 tips for choosing your wedding cake
- 08:03 Photos share the journey of AI sex robots from steel skeletons to...
- 08:03 Champions League final: Liverpool will LOVE to see Gareth Bale on...
- 08:03 GDPR: Everything you need to know about the new data laws
- 08:02 Poor wi-fi means Conwy valley pupil does homework in lay-by
- 08:01 Nasal implant that impairs ability to smell could help with...
- 08:00 Tanya Burr's 'daunting' move from YouTube to acting
- 08:00 Danny Boyle to direct next Bond film
- 07:58 Armed bystander shoots dead gunman who opened fire in restaurant
- 07:55 Body found in search for missing Leamington man
- 07:55 Police tent erected at Sheffield murder scene after death of boy, 15
- 07:54 Criminal proceedings not ruled out over use of donations for...
- 07:53 Sheila Hancock on Edie: 'There aren't many actors still around who...
- 07:51 Father and daughter step out for charity
- 07:51 Green-fingered Brownies lend a hand
- 07:51 Popular landlord and colourful character dies
- 07:51 Antiques show heads to Alnwick
- 07:51 Celebrating LGBT culture and life in Northumberland
- 07:51 Latest results from the courts