Brave Louise in VIP welcome back to school
IT'S not every day a seven-year-old gets a superstar welcome at school.
But if anyone deserved it, Louise Goulden - all smiles as she was greeted like a VIP by her teachers and fellow pupils at SS Aidan and Oswald RC Primary School yesterday - certainly did.
Brave Louise has only recently returned to school full-time after six months, as she was diagnosed with leukaemia in April and was hospitalised for four months. She initially went in school for the mornings as she was too poorly to spend the full day there. But it was only last week that she was able to go for the full day and only... read more
- 16:09 Police stress Operation Yeehaw sends "clear message" to Harrogate...
- 16:09 Sanchez to Chelsea? How the Arsenal star is already outperforming...
- 16:08 Pervert caught after asking ‘girl’, 13, to put hands in his boxers
- 16:08 Antonio Conte: I am really excited by this opportunity at Chelsea
- 16:08 Here’s what to do if you suspect someone is suffering from loneliness
- 16:08 Arsenal legend: This how Stoke will cause Gunners problems on Saturday
- 16:07 SPCA officers killed snake mistaken for green mamba in freezer
- 16:07 Cumbria police charge two with manslaughter
- 16:07 Power station plan could be 'damaging' to Lake District National...
- 16:07 Battle against junk food- will banning ads really work?
- 16:07 Barrow school gets community into the Christmas spirit
- 16:07 UK power capacity auction for 2020/21 clears in 20-25 pounds...
- 16:06 School lends a hand to Fr Christmas
- 16:05 The Great British Gin Take Off: Record-breaking year sees Britons...
- 16:05 Yields rise as ECB trims bond purchases; Wall Street steady
- 16:05 Manchester United's European tour: The Red Devils visit their 98th...
- 16:04 Nate Diaz: If Conor McGregor is taking 10 months off, so am I!
- 16:04 Union leader Mark Serwotka's heart transplant 'a success'
- 16:04 BREAKING NEWS: Toy shop arsonist, 15, sent to detention for 30 months
- 16:03 Why having high levels of a 'harmless' bacteria in your uterus...
- 16:03 Revealed: Time frame for demolition of Hull's former Western...
- 16:03 Driver's lucky escape after car overturns in Calvert Road, Hull
- 16:02 Minecraft blocks used to make virtual Atari 2600 console
- 16:01 You won't believe what Dana White once said about Ronda Rousey...
- 16:01 New York deli owner from Keswick badly injured in motorbike crash
- 16:01 Memorial fundraiser in aid of Eden Valley Hospice
- 16:01 Policeman filmed repeatedly punching suspect while three others...
- 16:01 Senior police woman who was victim of breast flash now works for...
- 16:00 David Cameron at US basketball game with George W Bush
- 16:00 Last token to win £1,000 Pashley bike and accessories this week!