Brave Harvey to be treated in USA for rare brain tumour
Brave Harvey Mountain will be one of just a handful of children sent to the US for state-of-the-art proton beam treatment on a rare type of brain tumour.
The Cathedral Academy pupil will spend his 12th birthday over there has he undergoes the specialist therapy for up to 12 weeks in Jacksonville , Florida.
The NHS is paying £80,000 for the treatment after doctors decided it is the best option for Harvey, of Townley Road, Lupset.
But a fundraising campaign has been launched after the family realised they need more money to pay for living costs in the US and bills back home so they can be at... read more
- 13:05 The never-ending honeymoon: Newlyweds spend SEVEN months...
- 13:05 Here are the dates for the next property auctions in Nottingham?
- 13:05 Terror suspect downloaded propaganda because he was 'simply...
- 13:05 Why we need to talk about mental health issues in young people
- 13:05 100 Scots patients spent 12 hours in A&E in first week of 2017
- 13:04 Passengers face struggle to catch bus after stop disappears
- 13:04 Theresa May confirms that UK will quit European single market
- 13:04 FEATURE: A look at the incredible work Worksop charity JOEL is...
- 13:04 Watch: Dramatic footage shows devastation at Small Heath Citroen...
- 13:04 New Laws for Wales in 2017 and how they will impact YOU
- 13:04 PM’s 12 terms for Brexit - and the speech in full
- 13:03 Pound soars as May pledges to avoid Brexit ‘cliff edge’
- 13:03 POLL: Is Theresa May right to leave the single market?
- 13:03 Guitar theft suspect arrested after Scarborough chase
- 13:01 Louis van Gaal failed at Manchester United but we should remember...
- 13:01 Novak Djokovic avoids repeat of Rafa Nadal slip up to vanquish...
- 13:01 Sheffield's Kelham Island named in top ten coolest places in Britain
- 13:01 Manchester United fear Memphis Depay may not leave Old Trafford in...
- 13:01 Ground broken on new £350m rail line
- 13:01 POLL: Is Theresa May right to leave the single market?
- 13:01 Missing man could be in Cumbria as police launch search to find him
- 13:01 Chelsea eyeing Felipe Anderson and Stefan de Vrij in double...
- 13:01 Concerns over council's £45,000 bill for Roman cavalry re-enactment...
- 13:01 Man missing for a month could be in Cumbria
- 13:00 Search ongoing for missing Whitley Bay man who 'requires medication'
- 13:00 Quad bike and tools stolen in Corbridge garage burglary
- 12:59 Horncastle community responds to aid call
- 12:59 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp is just 30 per cent tactics and 70 per...
- 12:58 Donald Trump stopped Ed Sheeran releasing his album two months ago
- 12:58 U.S. STOCK INDEX FUTURES PARE LOSSES, DOW JONES FUTURES NOW DOWN...