Brave Furness fundraisers jump to it for good causes
Parents and teachers from Newton Primary School skydived from 14,000ft and free-falled at speeds of around 120mph in aid of the school and charities.
Emma Wakefield, a parent at the village school, came up with the idea and recruited five others to do the skydive above Cark Airfield with Skydive Northwest last month.
Mrs Wakefield raised £535 to split between school and Harrison's Fun Fund.
Joining her was teacher Hannah Moore, who raised £600 to share between school and Alzheimer’s charities, and parent Leigh Carter raised more than £500 to split between school and the Multiple Sclerosis... read more
- 09:09 BADMINTONscotland ask who will follow Hamilton ace Kirsty Gilmour...
- 09:09 Lanark Amateur Swimming Club take medals and a record from the West...
- 09:09 Hamilton Judo Club youths take nine medals from Kendal Open
- 09:07 Heartbreaking moment dog helps to bury his dead brother after he’s...
- 09:07 ‘Council must be ambitious despite government funding cuts’, says...
- 09:07 Delight as fundraising total in memory of Liam Gough tops £18,500
- 09:06 Rugby league club is soaring with new partnership
- 09:06 Plenty of support for school’s careers fair
- 09:05 Cracking chocolate fundraiser for Coningsby & Tattershall Lions
- 09:05 7 stunning cities you can fly to for less than £100
- 09:05 Fit in 4: The 5-minute Pilates routine that carves your core
- 09:04 Magpie Cafe fish recipe: Hake with garlic and spinach gratin
- 09:03 Fighting for Tony: the Cumbrian fightback starts here
- 09:03 KPMG decides to close down Preston office
- 09:02 Manchester United vs Southampton, EFL Cup final High Court: Which...
- 09:02 WATCH: 10 of the most viewed Storm Doris videos
- 09:01 North East news LIVE: Latest breaking news, sport, weather, traffic...
- 08:59 Muhammad Ali’s son detained by immigration staff and repeatedly...
- 08:59 Toothless Michael Wright who roams Pearson Park wanted by police
- 08:58 The night Foo Fighters played Sheffield Arena
- 08:56 Councillors argue over almost 5% increase in tax bills
- 08:56 Grimsby Town will strive to find the right balance in League Two...
- 08:56 Grimsby Town boss Marcus Bignot says his Mariners have the X-Factor...
- 08:56 Selfless YMCA volunteer took fatal overdose
- 08:54 Troubled Black Country bar fails to sell at auction
- 08:54 'I was that big, I could steer the bus with my belly': Driver John...
- 08:54 Chipperfield's Circus to keep lions at farm after vets give all-clear
- 08:54 Dozens of jobs for Walsall as Iceland plans new 'food warehouse'
- 08:53 £12,000 worth of outdoor clothing stolen from Lincolnshire business
- 08:53 Cabbie is sick of fines issued in error at McDonalds car park in...