Brain training games may be a waste of time: Scientists say that there is 'little evidence of real-world benefits'
Trendy brain training computer games may be a waste of time and money, scientists have revealed.
They said that while people may get better at the exercise they practise, there is little or no evidence this helps them in their day to day lives.
Numerous companies make packages of games, puzzles and exercises that are designed to improve memory, boost attention span or simply keep the mind sharp into old age.
IMPACT OF BRAIN TRAINING Researchers examined more than 130 studies into brain training.
They found several flaws in the studies.
They were also concerned that work done on special... read more
- 10:10 Pedestrian trapped under car of drink drug driver
- 10:10 Sheffield primary school help to raise 1,000 items after Christmas...
- 10:10 Doncaster mum who 'died' during pregnancy wants another baby with...
- 10:09 Doncaster mum who 'died' during pregnancy wants another baby with...
- 10:09 Sheffield primary school help to raise 1,000 items after Christmas...
- 10:09 POUND LIVE: Sterling up on euro and dollar ahead of interest rate...
- 10:09 A charity Christmas event to make you feel good
- 10:08 Urgent care services ‘will continue 24/7’
- 10:09 Pedestrian trapped under car of drink drug driver
- 10:08 Dawid Malan and Jonny Bairstow combine to dominate Australia after...
- 10:08 Airdrie MMA star Paul 'Bearjew' Craig takes inspiration from Rocky...
- 10:08 VIDEO: Chesterfield mum fights for justice over birth defect ‘scandal’
- 10:08 Market turns back the clock
- 10:08 Joanna’s Apprentice dream crsuhed after “savage” interview round
- 10:08 Fin-tastic cash for Bassetlaw Hospital
- 10:07 Where will Putin steer Russian forces next?
- 10:07 Quick thinking Scout, 13, saves friend's life after accident on camp
- 10:07 Sheffield primary school help to raise 1,000 items after Christmas...
- 10:06 Ryanair strike flight UPDATE: Passengers tweet fury as airline...
- 10:05 Sheffield primary school help to raise 1,000 items after Christmas...
- 10:05 Blackpool’s new Icon is rising from the ground as work on £16.25m...
- 10:05 This gift card trick from MoneySavingExpert Martin Lewis will get...
- 10:05 Tamworth bin backlog ‘could last until next week’
- 10:04 Residents of village near Rugby to get a say on future development
- 10:04 FYI, we’ve been drinking red wine at the wrong temperature
- 10:04 16 reasons not to be cynical about Christmas
- 10:04 Actually, my mental health does define who I am
- 10:03 Trees could soon replace streetlights after scientists create...
- 10:03 Where is Grenfell Tower and when was the disaster?
- 10:01 The most shared thing posted to Facebook in 2017 has been revealed