Bradley Wiggins again defends use of banned injection ahead of major races: 'It was to treat a serious problem'
Sir Bradley Wiggins has again defended being granted permission to receive injections of a banned drug before three major races, including his historic win in the 2012 Tour de France.
The 36-year-old five-time Olympic champion understands the furore which erupted when his use of powerful anti-inflammatory drug triamcinolone on the eve of the 2011 and 2012 Tours and 2013 Giro d'Italia was revealed by a group of Russian computer hackers.
Wiggins, who has a British record eight Olympic medals and was the first Briton to win the Tour, applied for, and was granted, three therapeutic use... read more
- 12:25 Three-year-old boy suffers 'drowning-related injuries' at Leeds pool
- 12:24 Louth woman Sally to run first London Marathon for Sarcoma UK
- 12:24 VIDEO: Glass art, a fusion of inspiration
- 12:23 WEATHER WARNING: Thunderstorms set to bring risk of flooding and...
- 12:23 This Nuneaton coffee shop is fighting keyless car crime
- 12:23 Boy, 3, in hospital 'with drowning related injuries' after Leeds...
- 12:23 Westworld’s Thandie Newton ‘wanted to cry’ after filming nude scenes
- 12:22 RECENT NOSTALGIA: Theatre arts group’s lifeboat fundraiser
- 12:22 Praise for heroes at multi-vehicle accident in Ingoldmells
- 12:21 Lichfield and Burntwood residents urged to be on their guard...
- 12:21 Yanis Varoufakis: Marx predicted our present crisis – and points...
- 12:21 RECENT NOSTALGIA: Police join youngsters for play scheme
- 12:21 Arsenal 'sacked Arsene Wenger and paid Frenchman £11m to leave at...
- 12:19 The 'Bobby phenomenon': Netflix doc looks at Robert Kennedy's...
- 12:18 Mum reunited with ambulance crew who delivered her babyu in the...
- 12:18 South Kesteven recycling drop-in sessions
- 12:16 Jazz guitarist Remi Harris to perform in Lichfield
- 12:15 Campaign highlights importance of getting hospital patients out of...
- 12:15 How Catherine Anderson's charity brings hope for Myanmar poor
- 12:15 Drivers spend 'one million years' on the road
- 12:15 Meet Cumbria's champion alpacas
- 12:15 Thatcher’s Grantham birthplace to feature in book on corner shops
- 12:15 Barrow boy's dreams came true after Liverpool star...
- 12:15 Becki inspires women to hit the high notes in their Barrow singing...
- 12:15 Man Utd boss urged to make big tactical call against Tottenham
- 12:15 Artist's sheep's eye view of the Cambrian Mountains
- 12:14 Why Roberto Firmino is benched for Liverpool’s clash with West Brom
- 12:13 Actor Tracy-Ann Oberman: how I eat
- 12:12 This is exactly when thunderstorms are set to hit Birmingham today
- 12:12 The shoe is now on the other foot for former cricketer David Paynter