Bradley Wiggins again defends use of banned injection ahead of major races: 'It was to treat a serious problem'
Sir Bradley Wiggins has again defended being granted permission to receive injections of a banned drug before three major races, including his historic win in the 2012 Tour de France.
The 36-year-old five-time Olympic champion understands the furore which erupted when his use of powerful anti-inflammatory drug triamcinolone on the eve of the 2011 and 2012 Tours and 2013 Giro d'Italia was revealed by a group of Russian computer hackers.
Wiggins, who has a British record eight Olympic medals and was the first Briton to win the Tour, applied for, and was granted, three therapeutic use... read more
- 16:37 WATCH: Paraglider narrowly misses entire TOWN whilst falling from...
- 16:35 How Ricoh Arena is helping graduates kick-start their careers in...
- 16:33 The Yorkshire Post says: The party’s over? Hubris of Ukip leader...
- 16:32 Services to take a hit as Wakefield Council slashes £28m from budget
- 16:31 Champion amateur boxer locked up after police find stolen shotgun
- 16:31 Review: Frank Turner, Lancaster Town Hall, January 21 2018
- 16:30 Defibrillator training sessions to help save lives in Millom
- 16:29 Alexis Sanchez already planning next career move after Manchester...
- 16:29 Woman and toddler taken to hospital after tumble dryer starts blaze
- 16:28 Family pay tribute to well-known former Bury dentist William Eccles
- 16:28 Tesco announces it is shedding 1,700 roles in its stores
- 16:27 This is the best Albert Adomah chant ever - do you agree Aston...
- 16:27 Dozens of jobs ‘at risk’ as Asda responds to ‘unsettling’ proposals...
- 16:27 Aston Villa striker Ross McCormack could find himself playing here
- 16:26 Two Castles Run ballot opening soon
- 16:26 Warning issued over Tide Pod Challenge - this is why it's dangerous
- 16:26 Best foot forward: walking festivals
- 16:26 Irish Hartlepool United fans show support in club’s hour of need
- 16:26 Police defend decision to destroy 'extremely aggressive and...
- 16:25 Clever crows create elaborate hook tools from bendy twigs to dig...
- 16:25 Family’s heartache after 10 year old son dies following crash
- 16:25 That's one way to pass the time: Hilarious footage shows a...
- 16:25 School life: Saskia rewarded for great work in the community
- 16:24 Simon Grayson rejects chance to manage MK Dons as he prepares to...
- 16:24 Traffic delays expected as giant brewery vats head through Derbyshire
- 16:24 Emmerdale spoilers: Did Graham Foster kill Joe Tate’s mum? Actor...
- 16:24 Brawl breaks out as Mike Pence speeds up U.S. embassy move...
- 16:24 UPDATED: Mamas & Papas records ‘positive’ Christmas trading
- 16:23 Northampton school to lend its sports facilities to the community
- 16:23 Comment: This isn’t an embarrassment for the SFA……yet