Brace yourselves: Scotland warned to expect 70mph severe gales on Thursday
SCOTS are being told to expect a stormy end to the week as weather warnings are issued for large parts of the country.
The Met Office say severe winds are set to hit in the next 48 hours.
Gusts of up to 70mph are predicted for northwestern areas, while disruption is also expected in the central belt.
The yellow category alert, which is categorised as 'likely,' is valid from 1am to 8pm on Thursday.
The warning said: "Gales or severe gales are expected to develop across much of Scotland on Thursday. The strongest winds are most likely across northwestern areas, where gusts of 70 mph are... read more
- 17:22 Could your bridal party be on new TV show Always The Bridesmaid?
- 17:21 Have your say on Rushden Neighbourhood Plan
- 17:20 CCTV appeal after religious hate crime' in Derbyshire village
- 17:19 Which Derbyshire sites are among the UK’s most visited tourist...
- 17:18 Wham! star Andrew Ridgeley slams Channel 5 George Michael documentary
- 17:18 The everyday items you should NEVER buy from a supermarket
- 17:18 Driver alert! Swan 'moving lane to lane' near Barnetby Top
- 17:18 Why vegan mothers are more likely to have children who perform...
- 17:18 Spotted: Ex-Man United ace hospitalises opponent with vicious elbow...
- 17:18 Australia cricket captain labels India star a 'f***ing cheat' after...
- 17:17 FTSE hits one-month low as miners, Babcock slide
- 17:17 Tributes paid as loving Woodville couple die within days of each other
- 17:17 Devastation at district's loss of Royal British Legion hydrotherapy...
- 17:17 What is left when Peru's flood waters recede
- 17:15 Masood mother 'shocked and saddened'
- 17:15 Victim of terrifying sex assault in Glasgow sees off attacker with...
- 17:13 Leeds University Business School helps Yorkshire pupils to master...
- 17:12 Chance The Rapper sat in on kids’ Maths class at school and it was...
- 17:12 Devastation at district's loss of Royal British Legion hydrotherapy...
- 17:11 Ponteland are made to fight for their victory
- 17:11 Further police appeal following robbery in Beaudesert, Henley
- 17:11 'Unsophisticated' burglar caught by tracker belonging to his own mum
- 17:10 Police officer loses appeal against dismissal for misconduct
- 17:10 All change as new £1 coin poised to enter circulation – but...
- 17:10 Funding for new hub to support Bucks businesses
- 17:10 Crimewatch sex attacker jailed for more than five years
- 17:10 Zuma's recall of Gordhan from roadshow risked rating - S.Africa...
- 17:09 Writers group to launch second anthology of work
- 17:09 Slideshow: Whitby youngsters get into the red nose spirit
- 17:08 Gordon Ramsay says he will SAVE The Nightly Show