Boycott Russia World Cup over Syria bombing, urges Nick Clegg
The UK's football teams should boycott the 2018 World Cup in Russia because of the country's alleged involvement in the bombing of civilians in Syria's brutal civil war, Nick Clegg has said.
The former deputy prime minister called on Fifa to cancel the tournament because Russian president Vladimir Putin is "mocking the world".
If football's global governing body does not cancel the tournament, England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland should boycott it, he said.
It comes after Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson accused Russia of being complicit in war crimes while supporting... read more
- 13:54 Caprice displays her killer curves and impressive cleavage in...
- 13:54 January Jones flashes sideboob in peachy jumpsuit as she leads...
- 13:54 'You trying to get robbed too?' Khloe Kardashian is SLAMMED by fans...
- 13:54 'I'm sure it is legitimate!': Benedict Cumberbatch quips Judge...
- 13:54 Real Housewives of Cheshire beauty Misse Beqiri stuns in silk slip...
- 13:54 'I'm sorry if I have upset anyone': TOWIE's Amber Dowding...
- 13:54 Coronation Street's Kym Marsh cradles her fake baby bump while...
- 13:53 Which Lincolnshire train company is worst for complaints?
- 13:52 Scottish NHS failing to keep up with rising demand, says watchdog
- 13:52 Pope Francis accepts church leaders' invitation to visit South Sudan
- 13:52 Nissan investment shows Brexit can work - but what did we offer in...
- 13:51 Gnashing of teeth
- 13:51 What do the latest GDP data say about the post-Brexit economy?
- 13:51 Liverpool star Loris Karius takes swipe at Man Utd and City over...
- 13:51 Night-time alerts 'target impulse buys'
- 13:51 Feed your foodie in holiday heaven
- 13:51 Invasion of alien ladybirds riddled with STDs that could kill off...
- 13:51 Hamburg gang rape teenagers' suspended sentences spark anger
- 13:49 Scottish pensioner, 92, who’s taking on Donald Trump
- 13:47 English petition to kick Scotland out of UK hijacked by Scots
- 13:47 Two in court on alleged burglary and wounding rap
- 13:46 Bid to stop thieves targeting paving flags
- 13:46 Stags players present pupils with awards
- 13:46 Schoolgirl carer, 11, is 'amazing', says mum
- 13:46 Who's in I'm a Celebrity 2016? Line-up rumours include Sam...
- 13:45 Boss believes Toyota will not pull plug on Derbyshire factory...
- 13:45 New £130k science lab to open next month
- 13:45 Worker sold firm’s stock on eBay
- 13:45 Labour to investigate claims of anti-Semitism and entryism within...
- 13:44 North East Poppy Appeal is launched with a call to rethink remembrance