Boy injured after being hit by car
A young boy suffered numerous injuries and a suspected broken arm after being hit by a car.
Police were called to Warrington Road in Abram near the junction with Bickershaw Lane shortly before 3.45pm.
They found the 12-year-old boy had suffered knee, face and jaw injuries as well as the possible break to his arm. However, Greater Manchester Police (GMP) confirmed none of the injuries are life-threatening.
The incident involved a blue Vauxhall Vectra.
The boy was treated at the scene by paramedics from the North West Ambulance Service (NWAS). It is not clear if he had to go to hospital or... read more
- 08:18 Adam Lallana could miss as many as six Premier League games due to...
- 08:18 French ex-PM Valls backs Macron for president
- 08:17 Suspension for Shropshire nurse who altered notes of a teenage boy...
- 08:17 Shame of South Yorkshire's 9000 animal cruelty complaints
- 08:17 Letter: Osborne’s roles show us why parliament must be overhauled
- 08:17 Police probe claims empty Coca Cola cans 'contaminated with...
- 08:16 Clean sheet thrills Edinburgh as Cobblers boss targets final flourish
- 08:15 Heartfelt tribute to 'wonderful' former Grimsby teacher Marjorie Hogg
- 08:14 Director of Cedar Court Dementia Care Home in Bretby vows to act...
- 08:14 'You behaved like an animal' - Knife-wielding South Yorkshire thug...
- 08:13 Freak accident forces Cumbrian couple to postpone epic China trip
- 08:13 Pics: Man United ace sparks chaotic airport scenes ahead of...
- 08:13 Deal making in rude health despite fears over economy
- 08:12 RNLI urges coast users to be safe after lifeboats called out 1,000...
- 08:12 ARTICLE 50: Once the UK leaves the EU, is there any way back in?
- 08:11 Theresa May has signed Article 50 letter – here’s what happens next
- 08:11 Mum's warning after baby's reaction to children's Nurofen which...
- 08:10 Theresa May tells country to unite as UK’s EU exit is signed
- 08:10 Suspension for Shrpshire nurse who altered notes of a teenage boy...
- 08:10 Banks try to calm staff nerves with staggered Brexit shift
- 08:10 Shropshire's hospitals miss 18-week target
- 08:09 Toshiba's Westinghouse 'files for US bankruptcy'
- 08:09 Taxi passengers facing higher fares to Newcastle Airport due to...
- 08:09 New business is fresh start for painter Phil
- 08:09 Top Army band sign up for Prescot Festival
- 08:08 Two Birmingham men still in custody over Westminster terror attack
- 08:07 Embrace the fear: 15 signs it’s time to quit your job
- 08:07 Police probe claims empty Coca Cola cans 'contaminated with...
- 08:06 Johnston Press flags improvement amid tough market
- 08:03 Nepal asks climbers to clean quake-littered Everest camp