Boy, 7, with a rare brain tumour which causes him SMILE shortly before he suffers a violent seizure
A seven-year-old boy gives off an adorable smile moments before having a seizure as a result of a rare condition.
Nathan Box, seven, from Hornchurch, was struck down by a mystery illness two years ago - but doctors assumed it was just epilepsy.
However, a string of tests revealed he was suffering from an incredibly rare brain tumour called Hypothalamic Hamartoma.
The side effects of his condition means he breaks into a grin shortly before having a seizure - of which he can have up to 25 in a day.
But the family were left heartbroken after the NHS refused to fund a miracle operation to cure... read more
- 07:24 Woman launches Carlisle's first Death Café
- 07:24 Delays and lane closures on M62
- 07:23 Mambas, medicine and one girl's race to survive Kenya's biting problem
- 07:23 'A ticket to the next life': the lavish Buddhist dog funerals of...
- 07:23 Real Madrid vs Liverpool: Combined XI of the two clubs ahead of...
- 07:23 Chelsea news: David Luiz wanted by Carlo Ancelotti in first Napoli...
- 07:21 How many litres of water should I drink in a day?
- 07:18 I'm nervous about buying a house – should I go ahead?
- 07:18 Europcar claims I scratched my hire car, but where’s the evidence?
- 07:17 MP stresses the crucial nature of a good rail service for Berwick
- 07:15 Four arrested in Hartlepool following car chase
- 07:14 Carradice leads fight back as Birstall overcome Hopton Mills to...
- 07:14 Twist at top of Premier table as Hanging Heaton suffer first defeat...
- 07:12 Two Barnsley women due in court today accused of murder
- 07:11 Befriending service for the lonely in Northampton plea for urgent...
- 07:10 Dowson delighted to be part of Boyd's Saints setup
- 07:10 Arsenal star Henrikh Mkhitaryan reveals what he hopes Unai Emery...
- 07:10 Thomas reassures Cobblers fans that off-field issues will not...
- 07:10 Poolies have the power to drive Hartlepool United back where they...
- 07:09 Emergency ‘shock’ measures lined up for Scots economy
- 07:06 Man runs 67-mile heart-shaped marathon around Manchester to pay...
- 07:04 Health column: Athletes must look after their brains
- 07:04 IN PICTURES: Buckingham comes together for the royal wedding
- 07:02 Trains disrupted because of car on railway line in Rotherham
- 07:02 Guest Column: Does social media improve modern life?
- 07:02 Arsenal news: Mikel Arteta eyeing 'new Premier League job' after...
- 07:01 Football team of Northampton man killed in hit-and-run to hold...
- 07:01 Delays and lane closures on M62
- 07:01 Fears of staffing crisis as GPs ‘can only accept urgent patients’
- 06:59 Leader comment: The Scotsman finds Donald Trump’s perfect golf partner