Boy, 6, who can't stop drinking found to have the kidneys of an 80-year-old
A six-year-old boy who can't stop drinking has been found to have the kidneys of an 80-year-old.
Zach Tierney, from Stockport, was taken to medics after his family noticed he was always thirsty.
It was eventually discovered his kidney function was at just 25 per cent, a level generally found in people over the age of 80.
He was diagnosed with renal dysplasia following tests last Christmas and will need either dialysis or a transplant before he reaches puberty.
Now the family want to raise funds and awareness for Kidney Research UK and say it does not get the same profile as charities for... read more
- 11:07 Are you insured if Christmas presents are stolen from under the tree?
- 11:06 Chase and Status announce Doncaster Racecourse date next summer
- 11:06 Lord Mayor supports Sheffield student celebration of employability...
- 11:06 TV producer who was confronted by ‘paedophile hunters’ in Leeds...
- 11:06 First drink-drivers caught under new police campaign named
- 11:06 Star Wars Last Jedi explained: Six storyline essentials you NEED to...
- 11:05 Step back in time to 'lost' Ashington in these 16 striking photographs
- 11:05 What a new 12-storey tower block in the heart of Newcastle city...
- 11:05 The common and not so common injuries sustained at Christmas
- 11:05 Turkey to recognise Jerusalem as capital of PALESTINE in challenge...
- 11:04 The common and not so common injuries sustained at Christmas
- 11:04 Look who'll be collecting your bags of Christmas rubbish this year...
- 11:04 The week-ahead weather forecast with Trevor Appleton
- 11:04 How can you tell a homeless person from a 'professional' beggar?
- 11:03 Doctor banned from driving after same camera caught her speeding...
- 11:03 TV producer Kieran Creaven admits trying to meet girl, 13, for...
- 11:01 Warning over rise in 'professional' beggars who are not genuinely...
- 11:01 7 reasons why you should download the new Leicester Mercury app
- 11:00 Workers can win free return flight home
- 11:00 First drink-drivers caught under new police campaign named
- 11:00 The common and not so common injuries sustained at Christmas
- 11:00 Meet the hero bus driver who gave CPR to collapsed woman, 70
- 11:00 What it’s like to be Jewish at Christmas?
- 10:59 Easyjet takes a bigger slice of German flight market by buying a...
- 10:59 The professions that have the most car accidents revealed:...
- 10:59 Now you can get a mortgage through Facebook: As new online broker...
- 10:59 'Brutal end to Celtic run' How the world reacted to Hearts beating...
- 10:59 Melton burglary suspect one of six people arrested in police operation
- 10:57 Husband of Scottish actress Ashley Jensen dies suddenly
- 10:57 The common and not so common injuries sustained at Christmas