Boy, 5, who was told his cancer was constipation 'will never walk again' after an operation to remove the tumour damaged his spine
A five-year-old boy who was told his stomach pains were due to constipation but was diagnosed with a rare cancer has been told he will never walk again.
Daniel Carter, from Hull, complained of pains for months but was sent home by doctors with Calpol.
When his parents discovered him lying on the carpet in agony he was rushed to hospital where a CT scan revealed a cancerous tumour.
He underwent an emergency four-hour operation to remove part of the tumour, a neuroblastoma which had spread from his chest to his spine.
But the procedure which removed the majority of the tumour also damaged his... read more
- 20:40 Farage campaigns in front of misspelt constituency poster
- 20:39 Jamie Carragher singles out this Liverpool player for criticism: He...
- 20:35 FA Cup draw: All the third round ties as the Premier League big...
- 20:35 Prem boss: This is why Liverpool lost to Bournemouth
- 20:31 Picnics are back at the Pastures concert
- 20:30 New Zealand prime minister John Key annouces shock resignation
- 20:30 When is Basel v Arsenal? TV channel, date, kick-off time and odds
- 20:29 Arsenal star played like he had a point to prove against West Ham:...
- 20:28 Brexit: EU nationals 'will need documentation to stay in UK'
- 20:28 Plans cut to withdraw benefits from obese
- 20:26 Recap: FA Cup third-round draw, Burton Albion drawn away at Premier...
- 20:25 Revealed: Planned proposals for 250 new homes on green fields near...
- 20:25 Chinese buy President Xi and David Cameron visit pub
- 20:24 TIM FROHWEIN INQUEST: Police search for tragic Chief Inspector was...
- 20:22 Victoria and Albert Museum to display Tommy Cooper's fez
- 20:22 Community-minded couple to launch Christmas event
- 20:22 TIM FROHWEIN INQUEST: 'We loved him deeply and we always shall'
- 20:21 Premier League boss reveals the tactics he used to beat Liverpool
- 20:19 Duncan Watmore out for the season after injuring his knee in...
- 20:18 Bus firms reveal Christmas timetable for Burton and South Derbyshire
- 20:18 WATCH: Burton family's journey to start new life in Africa told in...
- 20:17 A52 congestion-busting work set to start in June next year
- 20:17 Man suffers 'horrific' injuries in attack at Derby's Walkabout bar
- 20:17 More change for pupils as school put in 'special measures' by Ofsted
- 20:15 Manchester United fans keen to welcome club legend Jaap Stam back...
- 20:14 TIM FROHWEIN INQUEST: Police search for tragic Chief Inspector was...
- 20:14 Foreign Office urges Britons to be aware of balcony leap dangers...
- 20:14 Beautiful in black! Bethenny Frankel, 46, flaunts her Skinnygirl...
- 20:13 Al Gore meets Donald Trump and Ivanka for climate talks
- 20:12 SFA apologises over failure to deal with child abuse claims