Boy, 5, who was told his cancer was constipation 'will never walk again' after an operation to remove the tumour damaged his spine
A five-year-old boy who was told his stomach pains were due to constipation but was diagnosed with a rare cancer has been told he will never walk again.
Daniel Carter, from Hull, complained of pains for months but was sent home by doctors with Calpol.
When his parents discovered him lying on the carpet in agony he was rushed to hospital where a CT scan revealed a cancerous tumour.
He underwent an emergency four-hour operation to remove part of the tumour, a neuroblastoma which had spread from his chest to his spine.
But the procedure which removed the majority of the tumour also damaged his... read more
- 14:14 Wacky Races across Leeds: Cycling, driving or taking a bus or...
- 14:14 More Anthony Joshua tickets for next fight vs Joseph Parker to be...
- 14:12 Syria war: Air strikes in Eastern Ghouta 'kill 500'
- 14:12 Full police statement on Leicester murder investigation
- 14:11 Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PS4 games fans just got massive news
- 14:09 32 driving offences you didn't know were illegal - according to the...
- 14:09 Mothers Day ideas in Lincolnshire
- 14:08 Countdown on to unveiling of Carlisle cracker packers statue
- 14:08 Push for ‘double’ penalties at South Kesteven District Council
- 14:06 County council release gritter update after snow is predicted
- 14:04 Bournemouth vs Newcastle LIVE: Premier League minute-by-minute updates
- 14:04 Police warn public to stay away from wanted man
- 14:04 Liverpool vs West Ham line ups: Full team news for Anfield clash,...
- 14:00 County council release gritter update after snow is predicted
- 14:00 Freezing temperatures push up wholesale gas prices
- 13:58 County council release gritter update after snow is predicted
- 13:57 Ireland vs Wales, Six Nations 2018 LIVE: Latest score and updates...
- 13:57 Eve Muirhead BLOWS it as GB curling team lose to Japan in bronze...
- 13:57 Couple's brilliant plan to visit every Red Lion pub in the UK
- 13:57 What time is Callum Smith vs Nieky Holzken? WBSS semi-final...
- 13:56 Tory MP says sorry to Jeremy Corbyn for ‘wholly untrue’ communist...
- 13:53 Liverpool vs West Ham LIVE: Premier League minute-by-minute updates
- 13:53 Tony Bellew: David Haye has been the barometer of what I’ve wanted...
- 13:52 Drug smugglers caught trying to bring £150,000 of cannabis through...
- 13:52 Mel B wakes up to find her ‘tyres slashed’
- 13:50 Ken Livingstone to rejoin Labour party as suspension over Hitler...
- 13:48 Countdown on to unveiling of Carlisle cracker packers statue
- 13:48 Beatles: Rare letter signed by Fab Four fetches £13,000
- 13:47 Arsenal vs Man City: Paul Merson backs one Gunners star to make the...
- 13:47 Strike: Career of Evil: When does it start on BBC One? How many...