Boy, 12, suffers severe electrical burns on railway line
A 12-year-old boy is in a critical condition after he suffered serious electrical burns on a railway.
British Transport Police said officers and paramedics were called to the tracks on the main Leeds to Doncaster line near South Elmsall, West Yorkshire, following reports of someone on the line.
A spokesman said: "We attended alongside paramedics and a 12-year-old boy was treated by paramedics for serious electrical burns.
"He was taken to hospital where he remains in a critical condition."
He said emergency services were called at about 6.15pm on Monday.
One woman, who lives... read more
- 03:55 Bishop who lit up royal wedding tells Washington crowd: 'Love your...
- 03:13 Bunnings pulls out of Britain after $1bn-plus disaster
- 03:13 North Korea leaves door open for 'desperately necessary' Trump summit
- 03:07 Private meeting to go ahead in Northampton today to discuss crucial...
- 02:52 Kim Kardashian returns to blonde hair for her anniversary... as she...
- 02:52 Victoria Beckham reveals that she teaches her four children the...
- 02:52 Professor Green's ex Fae Williams passionately kisses new boyfriend...
- 02:52 Coronation Street's Lucy Fallon enjoys date night with boyfriend...
- 02:52 Aidan Turner hints Poldark will end after series four... but...
- 02:52 Love Island's Olivia Attwood twerks in TINY leopard print bikini......
- 02:52 Footballer Charlie Austin's daughter dresses as a mermaid as they...
- 02:52 Rita Ora flashes her washboard abs in fringed red co-ords as she...
- 02:46 Brazil reaches deal with hauliers to suspend fuel strike
- 02:30 Tiahleigh Palmer: foster father Rick Thorburn pleads guilty to murder
- 02:21 North Korea ready to talk 'at any time' with Donald Trump
- 02:16 Poor white schools 'destroyed' by rankings
- 02:04 Steve Smith to return to cricket in Canadian T20 tournament
- 01:53 Lee Rhiannon announces retirement as Greens senator
- 01:53 San Francisco police will not be charged in deaths of Mario Woods...
- 01:34 SNP to launch growth report on economics of independence
- 01:25 'They are our brothers': Rohingya refugees find rare welcome in Aceh
- 01:25 Top bodies urge action to ward off Brexit VAT threat
- 01:07 Junior riders shine for Heckmondwike
- 01:04 'I took 57 painkillers a day to get high'
- 01:04 Angelina Jolie's Breadwinner spotlights Afghan girls' plight
- 01:04 Six acts to discover at Biggest Weekend
- 01:00 The strawberry-picking robots doing a job humans won't
- 00:58 Scarborough Market Hall wins prestigious award
- 00:57 Fewer children in detention but Indigenous rate falling more slowly
- 00:53 Cancer patient feels 'privileged to be alive' after NHS trial...