Boy, 12, dies after suffering electrical burns on railway
British Transport Police (BTP) said officers and paramedics were called to the tracks on the main Leeds to Doncaster line near South Elmsall, West Yorkshire, following reports of someone on the line.
A spokesman said: "Officers attended alongside paramedics and a 12-year-old boy from the local area was treated by paramedics.
"He was taken to hospital for treatment but despite best efforts, the boy sadly passed away this afternoon in the presence of his family. They are being supported by specially trained officers.
"Inquiries are ongoing to establish how the boy came to be on... read more
- 15:56 Moving tributes at funeral of mum Mandy, 43, who died after battle...
- 15:55 County Hall's £28m burden of finding homes for children
- 15:55 Benfica vs Manchester United: Jose Mourinho will motivate hosts -...
- 15:55 Market play goes down a storm in Chorley
- 15:55 Amusement arcade plan for town centre
- 15:54 Vicious homophobe jailed after leaving female couple in hospital...
- 15:54 LIVE: Coventry City v Forest Green Rovers - score updates as Jordan...
- 15:53 Jose Mourinho admits he will not end career at Manchester United as...
- 15:53 Huge military helicopter buzzes Sheffield - AGAIN!
- 15:52 Journey's end for banned driver whose wheel rolled away along the...
- 15:51 Crash between car and motorbike causing travel problems in Spondon
- 15:51 Drunk plane passenger dragged off easyJet flight and tackled to...
- 15:50 Emergency services called to crash between car and bus in Lincoln
- 15:49 Fears grow for missing Skipton woman after 72 hours without contact
- 15:48 World's largest gambling hub ramps up security at amid fears of Las...
- 15:48 Notts emergency services train for serious road crash
- 15:48 Ashley Young: Manchester United would be bonkers to not give Jose...
- 15:48 Rugby players Paddy Jackson and Stuart Olding to stand trial for rape
- 15:47 Jose Mourinho aims dig at Liverpool defender Dejan Lovren over...
- 15:47 WITH VIDEO: Going, going gone...
- 15:46 How you can get a job working as a PIZZA TASTER
- 15:46 Tamworth FC legend Dale Belford lands new manager's job
- 15:46 #saynotohate during National Hate Crime week
- 15:46 Lane closed on major Rugby road
- 15:46 Alex Palmer: Profiling the West Brom goalkeeper who could debut...
- 15:46 Halloween safety advice issued by Warwickshire Police
- 15:46 New artefacts at Battle of Edgehill exhibition for 375th anniversary
- 15:45 These are the most valuable old £1 coins
- 15:45 24-hour drug line trio locked up for 16 years
- 15:45 The quackery cures of yesteryear: From doctors giving women orgasms...