Boy, 12, dies after suffering electrical burns on railway
A 12-year-old boy has died after suffering serious electrical burns on a railway.
British Transport Police (BTP) said officers and paramedics were called to the tracks on the main Leeds to Doncaster line near South Elmsall, West Yorkshire, following reports of someone on the line.
A spokesman said: "Officers attended alongside paramedics and a 12-year-old boy from the local area was treated by paramedics.
"He was taken to hospital for treatment but despite best efforts, the boy sadly passed away this afternoon in the presence of his family. They are being supported by specially... read more
- 07:59 Blyth gran trapped in Greek hospital after quad bike crash could be...
- 07:59 Man in Sheffield hospital with serious injuries after pub brawl
- 07:59 Live: Breaking news and travel from Coventry, Warwickshire and...
- 07:58 Aston Villa and John Terry: A comprehensive look at the story so...
- 07:58 Toshiba estimates bigger loss for past year on Westinghouse, lawsuits
- 07:58 Italy - Factors to watch on June 23
- 07:58 South African parliament opposes calls to change central bank mandate
- 07:57 13 Premier League players who could miss the start of the season...
- 07:57 RISE AND SHINE: Latest travel news, weather and fun features
- 07:56 East Neuk’s De Profundis digs deep to celebrate the mining heritage...
- 07:56 Kylian Mbappe to Arsenal: Exodus to help fund move with striker...
- 07:56 Terminally ill South Shore woman dies after dream wedding
- 07:56 Man left with serious injuries after alleged assault at Staveley pub
- 07:56 RISE AND SHINE: Latest travel news, weather and fun features
- 07:55 Watchdog clamps down on online gambling
- 07:55 Pupils scoop silver at Gardener’s World
- 07:55 Radio station to host hospice charity’s business club
- 07:55 Martin Flanagan: Chancellor tries to ease Brexit concerns
- 07:53 Germans' purchasing power grows at slowest pace in more than three...
- 07:53 Video: Johnny Depp jokes about Donald Trump assassination
- 07:53 Tiemoue Bakayoko to Chelsea: Details include five-year deal and...
- 07:53 Safety concerns as Carlisle road cracks in heat
- 07:52 Tamworth FC: Time running out for early-bird offer
- 07:52 Tamworth FC's Louis is raring to go after his injury hell
- 07:52 Funding pot of up to £5,000 open for youth groups in South Holland...
- 07:52 British and Irish Lions can end New Zealand's unbeaten run at Eden...
- 07:51 UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on June 23
- 07:51 Premier League transfer gossip: Arsenal lead race for Kylian...
- 07:49 GCSE students shine at ArtWaves
- 07:49 Terrifying armed robbers traumatised family after they were held at...