Boy, 11, 'may have been bullied and taken his own life', MP claims
An 11-year-old boy has died amid claims from a local MP that he may have been bullied and taken his own life.
Tributes have been paid to Asad Khan after he was found in an unresponsive state at his home in Tile Street, Bradford, West Yorkshire, and died shortly after being taken to hospital.
Bradford West MP Naz Shah said bullying was "something that has been mentioned" when she met Asad's grieving parents after his death on Wednesday night.
Ms Shah wrote on Facebook after the meeting: "This evening 11-year-old Asad took his own life. Asad had just started his new school... read more
- 10:30 Tamworth FC: Andy Morrell's team plans for Hednesford
- 10:30 Victory for hospital petition
- 10:30 When is the Carabao Cup quarter-final draw?
- 10:30 Commuter misery as water pipe repairs spark traffic delays in...
- 10:29 TV chef Nigella Lawson coming to Meadowhall this week - and here's...
- 10:29 College helps to transform lives across South Yorkshire
- 10:28 BrightHouse to pay £14.8m in compensation and refunds for...
- 10:28 Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho tore into players and flung...
- 10:28 Tottenham striker Harry Kane given advice from Diego Maradona...
- 10:28 West Ham lining up Julian Nagelsmann as option to replace Slaven...
- 10:28 College helps to transform lives across South Yorkshire
- 10:28 16 essential non-food items your local foodbank needs this Christmas
- 10:27 Victorian painting of Warwick to go to auction
- 10:27 My tattoos do not give you permission to touch me
- 10:27 Rutland County councillor steps down from Cabinet committee
- 10:27 Sheffield United fans due in court over violence
- 10:27 Host of Hallowe’en themed events for Half Term
- 10:26 PICTURES & VIDEO: Whaley Bridge's newest pub opens its doors
- 10:26 Tot almost killed when she is dragged inside faulty tumble dryer
- 10:26 Caroline Wozniacki reignites feud by hitting out at Maria...
- 10:25 Tot almost killed when she is dragged inside faulty tumble dryer
- 10:25 Supreme Court to hear Northern Ireland abortion case
- 10:25 Greenwood friends learn how to identify fungi
- 10:24 Doors close at one of Fylde coast's estate agents
- 10:24 Prince Harry applauds staff at Veterans UK on his visit to the Fylde
- 10:23 Tot almost killed when she is dragged inside faulty tumble dryer
- 10:23 Sheffield United fans due in court over violence
- 10:22 Has your Freeview service been affected by new 4G masts? Help is...
- 10:21 Singapore Airlines signs $13.8bn Boeing deal
- 10:21 Blackpool: From the courts 23-10-17