Boxing in prison: MP calls for sport to return as a way to channel aggresion
0 Comments Wrekin MP Mark Pritchard today called for boxing to return to prisons in the UK.
In the famous Porridge episode the Harder They Fall episode, a fight descends into farce because of fight fixing – with Fletch’s scheming at the heart of the chaos.
Mr Pritchard says that portrayal of the sport is far removed from the reality and that boxing can be a force for good within our jails.
The Wrekin MP is vice-chairman of the All-Party Parliamentary Group for Boxing, which is undertaking a study on how the sport could help inmates.
The group is campaigning to introduce boxing into prisons... read more
- 09:39 Have Nottingham researchers found new treatment for diabetes patients?
- 09:38 Tate & Lyle profit jumps on weak sterling
- 09:38 Fighting corruption, Ukraine starts to judge its judges
- 09:38 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more
- 09:37 Theresa May accused police of ‘scaremongering’ over spending cuts
- 09:37 Pigeon gets tiny backpack to smuggle drugs
- 09:37 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more
- 09:37 Neighbour from hell repeatedly played Stayin’ Alive and Sweet Dreams
- 09:37 'I will honour those lost by living each day full of joy' Ariana...
- 09:37 Council investment campaign puts PR firm on awards list
- 09:35 Extra trains from West Yorkshire to London for Huddersfield Town fans
- 09:35 National minute's silence to remember Manchester Arena attack victims
- 09:35 Manchester terror attack: Further arrests made this morning
- 09:34 Rio Ferdinand believes Wayne Rooney and Michael Carrick could stay...
- 09:33 Minute's silence at Chesterfield Town Hall to remember Manchester...
- 09:33 National minute's silence to remember Manchester Arena attack victims
- 09:33 Petition launched to improve security at Sunderland children’s...
- 09:33 Burglar gets suspended prison sentence after breaking into ex’s home
- 09:33 Bradley Lowery's family reveal youngster's cancer is spreading 'at...
- 09:32 Hong Kong stocks at fresh 22-month high despite Moody's downgrade
- 09:32 Young Walter Scott prize for budding novelists
- 09:32 Eyemouth’s popular Kirk Square Kitchen returns
- 09:32 Traquair House hosts magical medieval fayre
- 09:31 Leeds school staff express ‘deep sadness’ after ex-colleague dies...
- 09:31 Approval expected for homes at former Sheffield hotel
- 09:30 Communities 'need to work together' after Manchester bomb attack
- 09:30 Messages of support sent to victims
- 09:30 Barcelona readying move for Man United star: Incoming boss has...
- 09:30 Real Madrid star agrees mega £6.5m-per-season after tax deal to...
- 09:29 Agri-tech investment in Scotland poised to pay off