Boxing in prison: MP calls for sport to return as a way to channel aggresion
0 Comments Wrekin MP Mark Pritchard today called for boxing to return to prisons in the UK.
In the famous Porridge episode the Harder They Fall episode, a fight descends into farce because of fight fixing – with Fletch’s scheming at the heart of the chaos.
Mr Pritchard says that portrayal of the sport is far removed from the reality and that boxing can be a force for good within our jails.
The Wrekin MP is vice-chairman of the All-Party Parliamentary Group for Boxing, which is undertaking a study on how the sport could help inmates.
The group is campaigning to introduce boxing into prisons... read more
- 10:05 Half of drivers think speeding is acceptable, poll finds
- 10:05 From this to this: Sub-zero temperatures set to bring Doncaster...
- 10:05 Pope comforts boy scared that his dead dad isn’t in heaven because...
- 10:04 Arsenal confirm Arsene Wenger will leave the club
- 10:04 Stan Kroenke’s statement in full as Arsene Wenger decides to step...
- 10:03 Ambitious bid being prepared to bring Channel 4 hub to South of...
- 10:03 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger to step down at end of season following...
- 10:03 Letters: Not just Windrush generation who fall foul of UK authorities
- 10:02 You can now enjoy a cannabis-infused afternoon tea
- 10:02 Plans approved to demolish the landmark Saltersgate Inn
- 10:02 Arsenal to CONFIRM Arsene Wenger exit? Tweet from journalist sends...
- 10:02 Lytham library plan launched by friends group
- 10:01 Jubilant times at Jubilee Park
- 10:00 Burton boxing legend Frazer Clarke set for homecoming celebrations...
- 09:58 Chorley couple celebrates 60 years of marriage - and welcomes five...
- 09:57 Sisters undergoing chemotherapy 11,000 miles apart launch ‘Feel the...
- 09:57 Significant increase in arsons across Leicestershire last year
- 09:57 Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho sent Paul Pogba warning in worrying...
- 09:56 Search for family after Brighouse man, 65, dies
- 09:56 Windrush: Alan Johnson says landing cards decision was made in 2009
- 09:55 Competition: Win tickets to Burnley's Reel Cinema
- 09:55 Scottish sports stars should 'safeguard lucrative deals'
- 09:55 In pictures: How Leeds made the most of the mini heatwave
- 09:55 Search for family after Brighouse man, 65, dies
- 09:54 Parking action plan developed for Berwick
- 09:54 Competition: Win tickets to Burnley's Reel Cinema
- 09:54 The Queen wants Prince Charles to take over as Commonwealth head
- 09:54 Half of drivers think speeding is acceptable, poll finds
- 09:53 Egyptian Premier League moves fixtures so nation can watch Mohamed...
- 09:53 House extension destroyed in blaze