Boxing: Evans ‘feels responsible’ for death of Towell
Boxer Dale Evans spoke yesterday of his “heartbreak” following the death of opponent Mike Towell.
Towell, 25, died in hospital on Friday night following a televised bout with Evans in Glasgow the previous day.
Tributes have flooded in following the death of the father from Dundee.
Welsh boxer Evans said: “I feel like I am responsible. I can’t stop thinking about Mike and his poor family. All my thoughts are with them.”
Evans, 24, said he never dreamt something like this would happen.
He added: “It has been awful. All I can think of is his two-year-old kid and his girlfriend and family who... read more
- 10:21 Council to take on new framework for construction and highways...
- 10:21 This chocolatey favourite will be back in time for Christmas
- 10:21 This barbecue meat festival full of award winning street food is...
- 10:21 Man who lived in Derbyshire cave was found hanging in Nottingham...
- 10:18 Council to take on new framework for construction and highways...
- 10:18 Are Wiganers responsible for doorman's injuries?
- 10:18 Fairground worker given longer prison term for child abuse
- 10:17 Horton Treatment Centre to host recruitment drive
- 10:16 Real Madrid ace Cristiano Ronaldo holds meeting with Florentino...
- 10:15 Lewis Hamilton to 'take a knee' during national anthem at US Grand...
- 10:15 Chelsea news: Radja Nainggolan hints at future Blues transfer after...
- 10:15 Liverpool news: Coach reveals Sadio Mane injury boost, Chelsea...
- 10:15 Justin Thomas makes lightning start in CJ Cup @ Nine Bridges with...
- 10:15 Tom Jones: Abuse and harassment 'common' in music industry as well...
- 10:15 Lindsay Logan says she was abused by ex-fiancée
- 10:15 Man in court over Lancaster Uni laptop thefts
- 10:15 Selfie-taking chocolate bunnies are coming this Easter
- 10:15 Man stabbed in neck in Tamworth
- 10:15 Updates: Industrial estate sealed off after man stabbed in neck
- 10:15 Teenage striker having trial at West Brom, manager confirms
- 10:14 Chamber music: Marvellous Mozart - Stephen Joseph Theatre
- 10:14 Booze-fuelled thug attacked partner before trying to strangle...
- 10:14 Royal Albert Drive car stunt costs taxpayers £52,000
- 10:14 MP pushes for better coverage from mobile phone operators
- 10:12 Boarded up town centre house could be bulldozed to make way for flats
- 10:12 Malta journalist Daphne Galizia's sons reject million euro reward
- 10:12 Revealed: Opening date for Caffè Nero in Louth
- 10:11 Mytholmroyd man awarded for community work after Boxing Day floods
- 10:11 Parking Eye withdraws from Worksop’s Priory Shopping Centre
- 10:10 Carnage as millionaire's daughter kills six after ramming into...