Boxer Mike Towell's management not aware of headaches before fatal fight
The management team behind Scottish boxer Mike Towell, who died on Friday following a televised bout, has said it was not aware of any headache complaints made by the fighter before the match.
Towell's heartbroken partner, Chloe Ross, claimed he had been "complaining of headaches for the last few weeks".
The 25-year-old welterweight had to be carried out of the ring on a stretcher after a fifth-round loss to Dale Evans in a St Andrews Sporting Club fight in Glasgow on Thursday night.
The young father, from Dundee, was rushed to Queen Elizabeth University Hospital where he was... read more
- 16:14 Guns N' Roses announce only UK date for 2017
- 16:14 Walking football is the perfect way for older people to keep fit
- 16:14 Conor McGregor is taking a 10 month break from the UFC and WILL...
- 16:13 Can you help lonely with festive spirit?
- 16:12 Angry scenes after woman was punched over a seat on the TUBE
- 16:12 EU takes legal action against Germany, UK over VW scandal
- 16:11 The hidden dangers of Christmas Day everyone should know about
- 16:10 Anthony Joshua mocks Dereck Chisora's WWE-style behavior after he...
- 16:10 Barcelona president confirms Luis Suarez will be offered a new deal...
- 16:10 Everton boss Ronald Koeman admits club's need to strengthen in...
- 16:09 Police stress Operation Yeehaw sends "clear message" to Harrogate...
- 16:09 Sanchez to Chelsea? How the Arsenal star is already outperforming...
- 16:08 Pervert caught after asking ‘girl’, 13, to put hands in his boxers
- 16:08 Antonio Conte: I am really excited by this opportunity at Chelsea
- 16:08 Here’s what to do if you suspect someone is suffering from loneliness
- 16:08 Arsenal legend: This how Stoke will cause Gunners problems on Saturday
- 16:07 SPCA officers killed snake mistaken for green mamba in freezer
- 16:07 Cumbria police charge two with manslaughter
- 16:07 Power station plan could be 'damaging' to Lake District National...
- 16:07 Battle against junk food- will banning ads really work?
- 16:07 Barrow school gets community into the Christmas spirit
- 16:07 UK power capacity auction for 2020/21 clears in 20-25 pounds...
- 16:06 School lends a hand to Fr Christmas
- 16:05 The Great British Gin Take Off: Record-breaking year sees Britons...
- 16:05 Yields rise as ECB trims bond purchases; Wall Street steady
- 16:05 Manchester United's European tour: The Red Devils visit their 98th...
- 16:04 Nate Diaz: If Conor McGregor is taking 10 months off, so am I!
- 16:04 Union leader Mark Serwotka's heart transplant 'a success'
- 16:04 BREAKING NEWS: Toy shop arsonist, 15, sent to detention for 30 months
- 16:03 Why having high levels of a 'harmless' bacteria in your uterus...