'Bottle propping' warning after death of baby Alex Masters
A coroner has warned against giving babies "propped up" bottles of milk after a a four-month-old died when he was left to feed alone in his car seat.
Alex Masters choked to death on his milk after godmother Claire Sawyer fell asleep on the sofa at her Lincoln flat.
An inquest was told Miss Sawyer had given him a bottle of milk with a blanket propped underneath it.
Coroner Stuart Fisher said although it was not illegal, babies feeding from a propped bottle should be supervised.
The infant, from Gainsborough, died after being taken to Lincoln County Hospital on 3 October, 2015.
Miss... read more
- 16:59 BREAKING: Car ploughs into group of children in Slovakia – 12 injured
- 16:59 Morty’s 1953 FA Cup final hat-trick ball makes five grand at auction
- 16:58 Delays on M53 following collision between lorry and car
- 16:58 Conference on investing set to arrive in Edinburgh
- 16:58 BBC TV licence fee to rise by £3.50 in April
- 16:58 Harrogate's women-led festival of beer
- 16:58 Ambulance crew save Leeds toddler’s life as his heart stops for...
- 16:58 Roger Federer WILL take on Rafael Nadal at French Open: Maclagan...
- 16:58 Man Utd news: Is this the reason Alexis Sanchez has struggled since...
- 16:58 Man Utd news: Jose Mourinho wants Lionel Messi friend if he lets...
- 16:57 Lewis Hamilton prepared for rivalry with Sebastian Vettel to become...
- 16:55 Deadline extended on Melton Trumpton cash appeal
- 16:54 Murderer tried to kill second woman during release from prison for...
- 16:54 Homes targeted in Perry Barr after three burglaries in one night
- 16:54 Imam responds in perfect way to being racially abused on train
- 16:54 West Bromwich Albion vs Huddersfield: Team news, kick off time, TV...
- 16:54 I call on Ireland and Britain to break the Stormont deadlock
- 16:53 Almost 270 jobs put at risk under Swinton Insurance plans to close...
- 16:53 Thank you, antidepressants, for helping me keep my sh*t together
- 16:53 MailOnline Fantasy Football: Four stars to sign ahead of the big...
- 16:53 Channel 5 ordered to pay £20,000 damages to evicted couple
- 16:53 Steven Gerrard admits he is still adjusting to life at Liverpool...
- 16:53 How to apply for Don't Tell The Bride as E4 series looks for...
- 16:52 Council agrees budget, council tax to rise
- 16:51 Ambulance crew save Leeds toddler’s life as his heart stops for...
- 16:51 Auditors grilled over Carillion's accounts being signed off
- 16:50 Lonely hearts couple who plotted Isis attack in Britain jailed for...
- 16:50 Robber threatened pregnant hairdresser with ‘HIV infected’ syringe
- 16:50 Chester village hall to recreate golden age of city's cinemas
- 16:50 BREAKING: Trio accused of baby's girl's death appear in court