Bosses and trade unions on the British Steel works seek parity over business rate cuts
BOSSES and trade unions on the British Steel works in Scunthorpe are seeking parity with the Port Talbot site in Wales over cuts in business rates.
From next April the Port Talbot works owned by the Indian company Tata Steel will see its bill cut by £1.7 million a year.
The move follows the decision by the Welsh Assembly to pass on cuts to business rates immediately.
Whereas the similar-sized Scunthorpe site will receive an estimated cut of £360,641 next year and will have to wait for the full reduction to be phased in over four years.
MORE: British Steel business rate cuts to benefit... read more
- 04:32 EXCLUSIVE: Monaco slap whopping £130m price tag on Man United target
- 04:32 EXCLUSIVE: How James Ward-Prowse is keeping this Southampton icon's...
- 04:32 England boss Gareth Southgate: I still need Wayne Rooney
- 04:32 PAUL HETHERINGTON COLUMN: Southgate's warning, Demebele's price...
- 04:32 Chris Coleman: This is how Neil Taylor reacted to Seamus Coleman's...
- 04:32 Northern Ireland boss Michael O'Neill: When we reach this number,...
- 04:21 Anti-Trump protester sparks CHAOS after using 'PEPPER SPRAY to...
- 04:15 Jesse Lingard reveals how Gareth Southgate's young England squad...
- 04:10 Chinese authorities block Sydney academic from boarding flight home
- 04:05 THE WEEKEND STARTS HERE: Ten amazing things to do in Derbyshire
- 03:48 Vietnamese detainee dies in Japan's immigration centre - sources
- 03:48 THE WEEKEND STARTS HERE: Ten amazing things to do in Derbyshire
- 03:47 Roadworks: What's happening in Leicester this week?
- 03:44 Thandie Newton joins cast of hit police drama Line Of Duty
- 03:44 Book by Auschwitz survivor tops German biography best-seller list
- 03:40 Norway boss Lars Lagerback gives thoughts on links to England job
- 03:36 EXCLUSIVE: Man City paying extraordinary amounts to keep Joe Hart...
- 03:34 Scarborough retailer prosecuted for selling e-cigarette to teenager
- 03:32 Night-time loo trips 'linked to salt in diet'
- 03:28 Can long-haul air travel also be low cost?
- 03:28 'We should not be the most backward country on maternity pay'
- 03:15 Guyana's transgender activists fight archaic law
- 03:15 The place where children can be very unlucky with their names
- 03:13 Coronation Street spoilers: Horror for Tracy Barlow as Amy...
- 03:13 Mud, sweat and cheers: The rise of obstacle course racing
- 03:11 Entertainment news round-up: 19-25 March
- 03:11 Line of Duty: All you need to know to get up to speed for series four
- 03:09 Art world's Welsh national gallery wish list
- 02:59 'Why is Gary Barlow wearing a suit made out of my gran's...
- 02:59 Nipping out for the evening! Braless Naomi Campbell, 46, stuns in a...