Bosnian Serb leader defies prosecution summons to Sarajevo
The head of Bosnia's autonomous Serb region rejected a summons by the national chief prosecutor on Tuesday, saying he would not travel to Sarajevo for questioning over his violation of a ruling by the politically-divided country's highest court.
Milorad Dodik defied a ban imposed by the Constitutional Court last weekend when he held and won a referendum on whether his region should mark "Statehood Day", a national holiday opposed by the region's Muslim Bosniaks and Catholic Croats.
Many fear Dodik is preparing a secession vote, which could destabilise Bosnia and the entire region... read more
- 09:34 Star man reveals he will be fit for Man United vs Man City
- 09:34 Red Arrows in spectacular flight over Humber Bridge
- 09:34 Real Madrid’s summer galactico transfer shortlist: This is who La...
- 09:34 Lionel Messi sends message to Barcelona fans after Real Madrid heroics
- 09:34 Arsenal ace urged to join Premier League rivals in summer deal: He...
- 09:33 Britain's best-paying companies revealed - the places you can earn...
- 09:32 UKIP accused of 'full-throttle' Islamophobia after policy launch
- 09:32 This VAT hike will cost you thousands - and here's why
- 09:32 Rumoured Pokémon Go event from Niantic to introduce SHINY characters
- 09:30 Batley man Ghulam Hussain admits trying to join ISIS in Syria using...
- 09:30 Emma Stewart: Disaster recovery needs planning and testing
- 09:29 VIDEO: Typhoons take off on NATO mission
- 09:27 E4’s Tattoo Fixers looking for ink disasters in Lincolnshire
- 09:25 Man Utd Expected XI: This 4-2-3-1 can beat Man City on Thursday
- 09:24 Police hunting man who fled scene of crash involving parked car
- 09:24 Strike affecting South Yorkshire trains called off
- 09:24 Detectives say Madeleine McCann could have been snatched by slave...
- 09:24 Elton John spends two days in intensive care with 'potentially...
- 09:23 Up to 3,000,000 UK children risk going hungry during school holidays
- 09:23 Fenwick is latest store to leave Leicester - but which shops do YOU...
- 09:23 Will it snow in Yorkshire today?
- 09:22 Chester vets invite BBC TV presenter to official opening
- 09:22 Virgin Trains East Coast strike suspended
- 09:21 Global celebration of festivals to mark Edinburgh Fringe's 70th...
- 09:21 Get off the beaten track: New guide reveals the best of wild Scotland
- 09:20 Rhys Jones' killer Sean Mercer fears Little Boy Blue will leave him...
- 09:20 Somalia executes four it says were al Shabaab fighters behind 2016...
- 09:19 Tesla to double the number of its electric car 'Supercharger'...
- 09:19 Three people taken to hospital after kitchen fire in Ilkeston
- 09:19 How 10,000 earthquakes have shaken Britain over the past 50 years:...