Borough Market trader calls for terror attack support
A trader says he has been "left in the gutter" by insurers and the government after the London Bridge terror attack.
Fred Foster, a fruit and vegetable wholesaler at Borough Market, lost almost £100,000 in business when police cordoned off the market for 10 days.
His insurers Aviva said it has paid out £150,000 to customers but Mr Foster did not have the relevant cover.
Ministers have conceded the current insurance model was outdated and should be revised to help businesses.
Mr Foster's claim for lost trade was turned down by Aviva because he had insurance cover for business... read more
- 03:11 Justine Greening: It’s in the interests of Yorkshire business to...
- 03:01 Antidote that can treat ALL deadly snake bites could be on the...
- 02:59 Highlights, presentations and recruitment - a week in the life of...
- 02:58 Oprah Winfrey given Swiss apology for 'racist treatment' over handbag
- 02:45 No joke: have China's censors gone too far with ban on humour app?
- 02:43 Missed this week's entertainment news?
- 02:42 Graduation – a guide for parents
- 02:42 Drugs, sleeplessness, isolation: the downside of being a dance...
- 02:32 Why do the Chinese love Bicester Village?
- 02:21 Southwest Airlines accident: Authorities order mass engine inspections
- 02:08 Sydney man charged with several terror-related offences
- 02:01 Draya Michele brightens up Atlanta club with her off-the-shoulder...
- 02:01 Tristan Thompson's alleged fling Lani Blair 'to star in VH1 reality...
- 02:01 Harper Beckham holds on tight to her dad David on fun day out with...
- 02:01 Jessica Cunningham displays her blossoming baby bump in...
- 02:01 Kerry Katona 'will send her ashes to SPACE when she dies so her...
- 02:01 Coronation Street fans go wild as they spot Pat Phelan on the...
- 01:51 Benedict Cumberbatch slams 'pathetic' Sherlock co-star Martin...
- 01:51 Britain's Got Talent: Manchester terror attack victim leaves Ant...
- 01:50 Stratford firms win Queen’s Award
- 01:46 Heathrow v Gatwick: Could the winner be... Stansted?
- 01:39 Is marathon running bad for you?
- 01:25 Why I wanted my male rape to be on Coronation Street
- 01:25 Rafa Benitez puts Islam Slimani on standby as he vows to change a...
- 01:22 Why singer Lucy Dacus makes her fans cry
- 01:22 What do Indian parents tell their children about rape?
- 01:22 North Korea undergoes an image change ahead of summits
- 01:18 Rogeting: why 'sinister buttocks' are creeping into students' essays
- 01:16 Giant penguin fossil shows bird was taller than most humans
- 01:07 HQ Trivia: The free app giving away thousands of pounds