Booster seat ban delay – what all parents need to know
New laws banning traditional car 'booster' seats for younger children have been delayed until next year.
Changes had been expected to come into law at the end of this year – and would see children below 123cm and 22kg banned from travelling in backless car seats.
However, the change in the law has been delayed until at least March next year – and even then parents who have already purchased a seat before the change will be allowed to continue to use them.
Currently, children weighing as little as 15kg – around three-years-old – are allowed to travel in cars while sitting on a backless... read more
- 15:20 Woman saved from being stabbed by armed robber by tray of Kinder eggs
- 15:19 Halloween launch for author’s latest DCI Ryan murder mystery
- 15:18 GALLERY: Oh baby, see these cute tots splash for cash
- 15:16 Chelsea news: Big claim about Tiemoue Bakayoko’s fitness following...
- 15:16 GALLERY: Oh baby, see these cute tots splash for cash
- 15:15 Man covered in glass rolled car upside down - but told police he...
- 15:13 Michy Batshuayi reveals Antonio Conte’s blunt instructions before...
- 15:13 Glasgow 18 Leinster 34: Warriors’ European hopes end overpowered by...
- 15:13 The Resistance Now: Democrats divided over party shakeup
- 15:12 Vital repairs to bog continuing in second phase
- 15:12 Chatton firm is featured in new Parliamentary Review
- 15:11 GALLERY: Oh baby, see these cute tots splash for cash
- 15:11 All about Autumn: This week's must-have clothes for cold weather
- 15:10 Police remind drivers to get insured as crackdown looks set to get...
- 15:09 Marshalls boosts earnings with £38m acquisition
- 15:08 Rangers have window of opportunity at Hampden but it could easily...
- 15:07 Pupils’ walk aids charities
- 15:07 Fire broke out under floor of Calderdale home
- 15:07 What Brummies are saying about new Scientology HQ in our city
- 15:07 Man quizzed by police after Everton fan holding child 'threw...
- 15:07 Nuneaton car stop leads to heroin seizure
- 15:06 Pupils’ walk aids charities
- 15:06 Windsurfer rescued after going out to sea at height of Storm Brian
- 15:03 Chelsea vs Watford: Michy Batshuayi set target by Redknapp after...
- 15:03 Police appeal for witnesses after 37-year-old dies in horror crash...
- 15:02 Christmas Jumper Day 2017 - when is it and where can I get the best...
- 15:02 Arsenal injury boost as three star men snapped back in training...
- 15:02 West Ham prioritise Wagner and Pellegrini to replace Bilic amid...
- 15:00 Ring of Fire latest: communities living in fear after latest...
- 14:59 Storm Brian prompts Nuneaton market cancellation