Booming property auctions lift Brexit gloom in British real estate
* Buyers undeterred by Brexit's economic chills
* Falling yields reflect robust demand
* Overseas interest rises following sterling's fall
By Carolyn Cohn and Sinead Cruise
LONDON, Oct 16 Commercial property auctions are proving an unlikely bright spot in Britain's real estate market where a steep drop in sterling has attracted overseas buyers and local investors are as yet unfazed by potential fallout from Brexit.
Britain's 900 billion pound commercial real estate market was an early victim of the financial market turmoil that followed Britain's vote in June to leave the European Union.... read more
- 10:01 Savers warned about risks of absolute return funds
- 10:01 Driving the green market: Low-emissions vehicle manufacturer finds...
- 10:01 Accidents in Goldenhill, Silverdale and Talke
- 10:01 Mother’s pictures will make you never want to go on a sunbed again
- 10:01 Brexit boom: Unemployment falls AGAIN
- 10:01 Naked female cleaners wanted to clean houses totally nude for £45...
- 10:01 Princess and the Frog re-telling set to delight youngsters at...
- 10:01 Gmail phishing scam: How to avoid getting hacked by sophisticated...
- 10:00 Arsenal star exit has not been ruled out for this month
- 10:00 Championship news: is Brentford striker Scott Hogan moving closer...
- 10:00 Cleaner who stole £4,000 from dementia sufferer is spared from jail
- 10:00 Prisoner was harassed by ex after he was released from jail
- 09:59 Romelu Lukaku responds to speculation he’s set for stunning £70m...
- 09:59 Zlatan Ibrahimovic is 'invaluable' to Manchester United... we have...
- 09:59 Mark Hillman murder trial: three men in court over shooting - updates
- 09:59 Special meeting called to investigate Christmas event
- 09:59 Naked female & male cleaners wanted in Boston to clean houses for...
- 09:59 EU must cut costs after Brexit - Finnish finance minister
- 09:59 Israeli policeman and Bedouin killed in clashes over demolitions
- 09:59 Rising inflation hurts outlook for UK households - survey
- 09:58 Whitehaven's Coach Road to close for £100,000 resurfacing
- 09:58 Naked female cleaners wanted to clean houses totally nude for £45...
- 09:58 Prisoner was harassed by ex after he was released from jail
- 09:58 Naked female & male cleaners wanted in Lincolnshire to clean houses...
- 09:58 Gmail phishing scam: Has your account been hacked in 'most...
- 09:57 1,000 tourists evacuated from package holiday destination amid unrest
- 09:57 Picture special: Horncastle Farmers have a ball to help charities
- 09:57 Bob Arum: Conor McGregor would be beaten up by a novice boxer
- 09:57 Woman, 29, assaulted at Doncaster beauty spot
- 09:56 'Who's that watching my telly' jilted partner yells through letterbox