Boohoo.com profit boosted by plus-size and petite ranges
Strong sales of plus-size and petite clothes have helped boost profit at online fashion retailer Boohoo.
The company, which is aimed at 16-24 year-olds in particular, said its main womenswear range of dresses and jackets, as well as its new menswear website, also saw strong sales.
Pre-tax profits jumped 129% to £14.3m in the six months to August.
It also benefited from successful marketing campaigns, especially on social media.
"We have... stepped up our activity on social media on Facebook Live and on Snapchat and a content drive on Instagram has helped us pass the two-million... read more
- 16:19 Businesses can and will adapt to the age of populism
- 16:19 New 'Facebook for kids' launched in the form of an app
- 16:19 Gran has £100 East Point Retail Park parking fine dropped with help...
- 16:19 This area of Birmingham has been named the third hippest place in...
- 16:19 Struggling to find courgettes to buy in the shops? Here's why
- 16:19 EastEnders viewers spot ANOTHER gaffe - and they aren't impressed
- 16:19 Comedian Joe Lycett asking fans to go on a date with him for a TV show
- 16:19 15-year jail sentence for St Ann's man who raped child
- 16:19 Scarlett Moffatt hits back at weight loss critics who say she's...
- 16:19 Aston Villa transfer news: Steve Bruce hoping to land cut-price...
- 16:19 Wanted man ignored letter ordering him back to jail after being...
- 16:19 They love London and they've discovered the North, but politicians...
- 16:19 West Brom: Albion forced to recall striker after Football League...
- 16:17 Naked cleaners wanted by firm to clean houses in Northampton for up...
- 16:17 Dog dumped in Northamptonshire was so hungry it was eating its own...
- 16:16 Babies remember their birth language - scientists
- 16:17 Body found in suitcase: Leicester neighbours describe horror at...
- 16:16 'Exceptional' NHS Wales winter pressure days
- 16:16 'Family man' jailed after sex offences from 40 years ago come to light
- 16:16 Huyton ferry chef who was link between city gangs and Netherlands...
- 16:16 UFC star Nate Diaz to obtain boxing licence just months after Conor...
- 16:16 Market Rasen Racecourse PICTURES from County Race Day
- 16:16 Credit Suisse contacted analysts ahead of fourth quarter - sources
- 16:16 Renault-Nissan electric car sales hit 400,000, CEO says in Davos
- 16:15 Woman Who Awards 2017 to celebrate leading ladies in business
- 16:15 14,000 new homes planned for Nuneaton and MORE traveller sites
- 16:15 Naked female cleaners wanted for £45 an hour jobs
- 16:15 Man City make Spurs star their top summer target but face...
- 16:15 Four bikes stolen from Leamington
- 16:13 Watch: Wish you were here? Take a look at the history of holidays