Bonds sell-off continues as investors bet on rate rise
A wave of selling sweeping across bond markets resumed on Monday as investors continued to digest the impact of a Donald Trump presidency.
US and European bond prices have sunk in expectation that he will enact inflationary policies that speed the pace of interest rate rises.
On Monday, some bond yields - which rise as the price falls - hit their highest for more than six months.
Bonds globally lost $1.29tn (£1tn) last week, according to Bank of America.
And there is no sign that the bond sell-off is easing, depressing the value of some pension investments and making it more expensive for... read more
- 13:10 Homeless man beaten in "unprovoked" attack on busy road in broad...
- 13:10 King and Queen will star in village gala
- 13:09 Traders walk out of court in protest after being ordered to pay...
- 13:09 Student shortlisted for apprentice accolade
- 13:09 Saints prop Waller ready for 'massive' Exeter showdown
- 13:09 Newcastle in a series of old photographs: Take a tour around the...
- 13:09 Walkerville dad reveals inspiration behind incredible fundraising...
- 13:08 Tamworth hackers facing jail over £42m TalkTalk cyber-attack
- 13:08 Closed Sainsbury's Local in Long Eaton to reopen as convenience store
- 13:08 Liverpool drop huge official hint over summer striker transfer
- 13:07 Here's what The Simpsons make of Donald Trump's first 100 days in...
- 13:07 Tories 'set to take 7 seats from SNP' in General Election: Latest poll
- 13:06 Single lady finds romance after TV debut on Take Me Out – with...
- 13:06 Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge linked with possible move to...
- 13:06 Cannabis farm discovered in Bootle is being investigated by police
- 13:05 Susan’s tasty Easter treats help hospital
- 13:05 Town remembers Batley and Spen MP Jo Cox as centre renamed in her...
- 13:05 EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Rider’s eye view of Tour de Yorkshire as it heads...
- 13:05 Man jailed for injuring woman with baseball bat after text row
- 13:04 Teenager speaks of 'living nightmare' after being shot in the head...
- 13:04 COLUMN: Sincere thanks to marathon runners
- 13:04 Caring duo ran to raise charity cash
- 13:03 Training begins for rugby union women’s team
- 13:03 King and Queen will star in village gala
- 13:02 Watch Anthony Joshua vs Wladimir Klitschko weigh-in LIVE
- 13:02 If bristling Rangers boss Pedro Caixinha wants easier questions...
- 13:01 Anthony Joshua vs Wladimir Klitschko weigh in LIVE updates:...
- 13:01 Training begins for rugby union women’s team
- 13:01 Illegal fly-tipping halved in Warsop
- 13:01 These are the parts of Birmingham where house prices have risen most