Bond turmoil threatens to trigger year-end global market sell-off
If October's bond jolt reverberates through a politically nervy end to the year, many funds fear it may trigger an exodus from all richly valued financial assets as investors re-price intertwined stocks and bonds and hurry to protect 2016 gains.
Record low bond yields have snapped higher suddenly this month as investors sense a shift away from ever-easier money and credit policies from the world's big central banks towards more use of government tax cuts or spending to foster growth.
According to a Bank of America Merrill Lynch survey this week, global fund managers say the biggest driver... read more
- 14:47 Police name Stafford woman killed during Storm Doris after being...
- 14:47 Scots warned to hang up on new phone scam
- 14:47 Human remains found in Crete well belong to missing Sandbach man...
- 14:47 One in six fear they will need money from their kids in retirement
- 14:47 Can you help save Heckyfest?
- 14:46 Michael Warham murder trial: Jury out to deliberate
- 14:46 Serious crash closes A1079
- 14:46 From a painful injection, to root canal surgery and giving up their...
- 14:45 Two women kidnapped teens at knifepoint before one threatened to...
- 14:45 Fury as travellers move into Birmingham SCHOOL with caravan convoy
- 14:45 Waitrose is now offering an Easter TREE - and people are so...
- 14:45 Jose Mourinho blasts Leicester flops after Claudio Ranieri is sacked
- 14:45 Oscars 2017: Casey Affleck 'will WIN Best Actor' despite scandal &...
- 14:45 Bank staff donate £20,000 to hospice
- 14:45 The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild hands-on preview – eye-opener
- 14:45 Doncaster cage fighter creates history with photo shoot for gay...
- 14:44 Saudi King Salman launches investment drive with Asia tour
- 14:44 ‘Can you hear me?’ - Lincolnshire residents warned to hang up on...
- 14:44 Vehicle fire closes A38
- 14:44 Bungling burglar in pushbike getaway
- 14:43 England train ahead of Six Nations clash with Italy as coach Eddie...
- 14:43 When is The Get Down season 1 part 2 out? Netflix release date,...
- 14:42 Seating to be added to more than half of Sheffield's tram stops
- 14:41 Atherstone Ball Game top ten funky facts...
- 14:41 Lord Waddington dies aged 87
- 14:41 Burglars steal jewellery during raid on Northampton home
- 14:40 Why we should all be having sex breaks at work
- 14:40 Architect appointed for new food and drink hub at Melton market
- 14:40 F1 2017: New Ferrari and McLarens revealed ahead of first test
- 14:40 Drone had near miss with jet over Derby