Bollywood actress apologises after twitter outrage over 'refugee' t-shirt cover
NEW DELHI (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Popular Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra on Monday apologised for a glossy travel magazine cover after it sparked outrage with social media users accusing her of insensitivity towards refugees and migrants.
The 34-year-old former Miss World is featured on the cover of the October edition of Condé Nast Traveller India wearing a white t-shirt with the words, "REFUGEE", "IMMIGRANT" and "OUTSIDER" crossed out in red -- leaving only the word "TRAVELLER".
Condé Nast Traveller tweeted the cover photo on Oct. 7 with... read more
- 12:07 Girl, 17, and two men quizzed by police after shots fired at homes...
- 12:06 Disney's Frozen 2 has FINALLY been given a release date
- 12:05 Northumberland Livestock
- 12:05 Printing error leads to some postal votes being done again
- 12:05 Happy 100th birthday Ethel
- 12:05 Protestors lodge last-ditch plans
- 12:05 A fabulous feast for folk at Filey festival
- 12:04 Tour de Yorkshire: Forged by legacy
- 12:04 Knights of St. Columba present £1,200 charity cheques
- 12:04 Traders set the stalls out on big market move
- 12:04 Antisocial behaviour in Cumbrian town to be addressed
- 12:03 Airbus CEO calls Austria fraud probe political abuse of system
- 12:03 AstraZeneca hopes to escape drug sales trough in second half
- 12:03 REVIEW: Catching the early bird at The Sparling Barton is highly...
- 12:03 Crystal Palace chairman Steve Parish drops out of Dragons' Den...
- 12:02 Harry’s flying high ahead of 90th birthday glider flight
- 12:01 Knife crime rises 14% as downward trend reverses
- 12:01 How to spot an email phishing scam
- 12:01 SLIDESHOW: Scouts parade through Brighouse for St George’s Day
- 12:01 "Have I been sacked? No!" Radio Sheffield host Toby Foster responds...
- 12:00 Change to parking charges at Peterlee Community Hospital
- 12:00 Diesel scrappage scheme and toxin tax – How much will it cost, when...
- 12:00 Neymar believes Manchester United are prepared to buy out his...
- 12:00 Irvine Vics are relegated to the Ayrshire District League but boss...
- 12:00 How to spot an email phishing scam
- 11:59 Pep Guardiola: These Manchester United players are perfect
- 11:59 London Craft Week: Discover makers, designers and artists
- 11:58 BMW driver crashes car, gets out and strips off while drinking...
- 11:58 Paul Pogba in, Zlatan Ibrahimovic out! Find out who makes our...
- 11:57 Tour de Yorkshire: Forged by legacy