Boko Haram faction ready to negotiate release of 83 more Chibok girls - govt
ABUJA (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - The Islamic State-allied faction of Boko Haram which last week freed 21 of more than 200 Chibok girls kidnapped in April 2014 in northeast Nigeria is willing to negotiate the release of 83 more of the girls, the president's spokesman said on Sunday.
Around 220 girls were taken from their school in 2014 in Chibok in northeastern Borno state, where Boko Haram has waged a seven-year insurgency aimed at creating an Islamic state, killing thousands and displacing more than 2 million people.
A faction of the militant group released 21 of the girls on Thursday... read more
- 10:44 Top things to do at the weekend (January 20 to 22)
- 10:44 Coalition forces have freed two million from IS, says Fallon
- 10:43 Kids describe their dream homes
- 10:43 Pendle Jazzmen thrill at The Inn on the Wharf
- 10:42 Police want to trace these woman as part of probe into theft from...
- 10:42 New top cop wants a ‘first class response’ for Fylde and Wyre
- 10:40 We name and shame the people who have been in court
- 10:40 Work on new £3.5m Ongo office gets underway
- 10:39 Everton ace to discuss future with Ronald Koeman as West Ham and...
- 10:38 Why Yorkshire folk still prefer to pay and display with cash
- 10:38 Two crews attend kitchen fire in Louth
- 10:38 New top cop wants a ‘first class response’ for Fylde and Wyre
- 10:38 South Shore crews called to extractor fan fire
- 10:38 Trinity Walk’s celebrates fifth birthday with a record-breaking year
- 10:37 University students urged to get vaccinated against meningitis and...
- 10:37 Woman punched in the face by man in Kettering
- 10:37 Liverpool FC boss Klopp's dig at 'long-ball' Manchester United
- 10:37 David Beckham pays tribute to Manchester United staff member who...
- 10:37 Man dies following head-on crash on the A361 near Daventry
- 10:37 Trinity Walk’s celebrates fifth birthday with a record-breaking year
- 10:37 Everton FC fans witness Tom Davies' coming of age
- 10:37 ‘I’m allergic to my husband’
- 10:37 'Under Dean Keates there is a team forming' - Wrexham AFC fans give...
- 10:37 Mexico BPM music festival: Reports of shootings in clubs
- 10:37 'Anne Frank link' unearthed at Sobibor camp
- 10:37 Egypt court upholds ruling halting transfer of islands to Saudi Arabia
- 10:37 Council’s fight for cash to repair Doncaster’s damaged roads
- 10:37 Mold Festival of Light is a dazzling success
- 10:36 Inquest into Staffordshire and Derbyshire couple killed in Tunisia...
- 10:36 Netflix customers targeted in phishing scam which aims to steal...