BOJ will cut rates, buy more assets to fight external shocks: Kuroda
Bank of Japan Governor Haruhiko Kuroda said on Saturday the central bank will deepen negative interest rates or expand asset purchases if external shocks hit the economy and make the need for further monetary easing "substantial."
But Kuroda said he saw no immediate need to top up stimulus with the world's third-largest economy continuing a moderate economic recovery.
"The economy moves up and down and at this stage, we don't think it's necessary to further reduce" interest rates, Kuroda said at a seminar at Brookings Institution.
"But if there is a big shock and we... read more
- 10:10 'Bright and gifted' boy who started £46,000 Conwy barn blaze on...
- 10:10 Doncaster MP calls for fast answer on college
- 10:10 Sheffield man gains qualifications after facing a life on the streets
- 10:10 Convicted sex offender watched Wellingborough schoolchildren play...
- 10:09 School life: Calderdale College’s new state of the art learning...
- 10:09 Being active on your terms - any girl can!
- 10:08 Germany expects IMF participation in Greek bailout: Finance...
- 10:08 Cleaner who stole £4,000 from dementia sufferer is spared from jail
- 10:08 Back to nature - Pagan style
- 10:08 Sheffield student to build a school - but needs some help
- 10:07 Women’s March backtracks on its statement of solidarity with the...
- 10:07 When does it start getting lighter?
- 10:07 Lionel Messi awaiting 'imminent' new contract offer as Barcelona...
- 10:07 Drivers suffering delays on M6 after HGV smash
- 10:07 Joel Matip left out of Liverpool's squad for Plymouth tie as Jurgen...
- 10:07 Who is Chelsea Manning? Julian Assange and WikiLeaks latest explained
- 10:07 Kirklees doctors to stop prescribing over the counter medicines -...
- 10:07 Lancaster car park named among county’s top dogging sites
- 10:07 Donald Trump looks to JFK for inspiration ahead inaugural speech
- 10:07 South Holland’s booming food firms need hundreds more workers
- 10:07 'Undignified' 15 minute home care visits still used by Kirklees...
- 10:06 Edinburgh makes his mark as Crystal Palace striker Keshi Anderson...
- 10:06 Cobblers boss Edinburgh happy with ‘very competitive’ playing budget
- 10:06 Claudio Ranieri reveals why he wants Antonio Conte’s Chelsea to win...
- 10:04 Cloudy and mainly dry with light winds
- 10:04 Naked female cleaners wanted to clean houses totally nude for £45...
- 10:04 Prisoner was harassed by ex after he was released from jail
- 10:04 Plan for more Leeds school places
- 10:04 China says hopes for "win-win" deal between Britain, EU
- 10:04 Greece sees progress on Cyprus, says Turkey should drop...