Body dumped in Derbyshire lay-by ‘not missing RAF serviceman’
Police have confirmed that a badly burnt body found dumped in a Derbyshire lay-by is not that of missing RAF serviceman Corrie McKeague.
Mr McKeague, 23, vanished three weeks ago after going out for the evening with friends in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.
His mother Nicola Urquhart, of Dunfermline, Scotland, fears a third party may have been involved but police said there was no evidence of criminality.
The discovery of a male body, that was missing its head and limbs, in a parking area off the A628, just east of Tintwistle, Derbyshire, led to concern it could be missing Mr McKeague.
A Suffolk... read more
- 15:03 Newcastle songwriter tries to sue U2 for £4m over sample from...
- 15:03 Disgraced Adam Johnson claims he was given too harsh a sentence...
- 15:03 Man City skipper Vincent Kompany suffers another injury setback
- 15:03 Jose Mourinho must convince Zlatan Ibrahimovic to stay at...
- 15:02 South Lakes Safari Zoo: Report shows hundreds of animal deaths
- 15:02 UK child migrant so hungry she 'ate grain meant for pigs'
- 15:02 Were you one of the people who helped woman being attacked in street?
- 15:02 East Lancs Chief Exec named in top 50 CEOs in NHS
- 15:02 NHS cuts: Harrogate student with coeliac struggles to afford...
- 15:01 Grieving relatives of the Tunisia attack to sue tour operator
- 15:01 Pancake Day 2017: How to make perfect pancakes from scratch
- 15:00 Recipe found in medieval mystic’s writings was probably for ‘drugges’
- 15:00 Alzheimer’s research - the grim truth: 20 years of work and still...
- 15:00 Years-long dream of European exchange ended in half an hour
- 15:00 Jonny Owen says Don't Take Me Home highlights the similarities...
- 14:59 Aaron Ramsey makes huge Arsene Wenger admission: Arsenal players...
- 14:59 Ferrari boss breaks media silence in staggering admission about...
- 14:59 F1 2017 driver helmets: Every new design ahead of the upcoming season
- 14:58 Championship final table predicted by computer: Who will make the...
- 14:58 Nelson filmmaker nominated for national awards
- 14:58 What does ‘free-range’ actually mean? It’s complicated
- 14:58 #IAMGRIMSBY Vote now for your favourite fish and chip shop!
- 14:57 #softcoup: the plot to oust Corbyn (that might not really exist)
- 14:57 First full vegan cafe moving to Birmingham city centre
- 14:57 Liam Payne and pregnant Cheryl celebrate first anniversary
- 14:57 David Walliams moves on from Nightly Show to star in Teletubbies
- 14:57 Birmingham City poll: Who is your favourite loan striker ever to...
- 14:57 The holiday destinations where prices have PLUMMETED
- 14:57 North Wales boxers to square up for Welsh light-heavyweight crown
- 14:56 Call the Midwife's ‘harrowing’ FGM storyline praised by NSPCC for...